* Inactive times tamp is active
@ 2007-03-08 16:31 Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-03-08 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I am using org-version 4.67c that is included in GNU Emacs 22.0.95.2
(i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.8) of 2007-03-03.

I found that timestamps inserted by 'C-c !' can trigger the agenda. Is
this contradictory to what is stated in the manual?

* Re: Inactive times tamp is active
@ 2007-03-08 17:10 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-03-08 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mar 8, 2007, at 17:31, Leo wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using org-version 4.67c that is included in GNU Emacs 22.0.95.2
> (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.8) of 2007-03-03.
>
> I found that timestamps inserted by 'C-c !' can trigger the agenda. Is
> this contradictory to what is stated in the manual?

It definitely would be.  But so far I am not able to reproduce this.

- Carsten

> Regards,
> --
> Leo <sdl.web AT gmail.com>                         (GPG Key: 9283AA3F)

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: Inactive times tamp is active
@ 2007-03-08 17:46   ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-03-08 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-03-08, Carsten Dominik said:

> On Mar 8, 2007, at 17:31, Leo wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am using org-version 4.67c that is included in GNU Emacs 22.0.95.2
>> (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.8) of 2007-03-03.
>>
>> I found that timestamps inserted by 'C-c !' can trigger the agenda. Is
>> this contradictory to what is stated in the manual?
>
> It definitely would be.  But so far I am not able to reproduce this.
>
> - Carsten

I was able to reproduce with the following steps:
        1. emacs -Q
        2. M-x org-mode
        3. C-c ! RET
        4. Mouse1 click on the date and the agenda buffer pop up

* Re: Re: Inactive times tamp is active
@ 2007-03-08 18:11     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-03-08 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mar 8, 2007, at 18:46, Leo wrote:

> I was able to reproduce with the following steps:
>         1. emacs -Q
>         2. M-x org-mode
>         3. C-c ! RET
>         4. Mouse1 click on the date and the agenda buffer pop up

Ah, I misunderstood.  I thought you were saying that such a time
stamp can select a headline for display in the agenda, for example
that

* Meeting with Leo [2007-03-14]

would cause an agenda entry on that date.  But it does not.

What you were doing is using a time stamp as a *link* to a specific
date in the agenda.  This is the way it should be, both for () and
for [] time stamps.

Which point exactly of the documentation are you referring to?
maybe I need to clarify something there.

Thanks.

- Carsten

* Re: Inactive times tamp is active
@ 2007-03-08 18:19       ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-03-08 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-03-08, Carsten Dominik said:

> On Mar 8, 2007, at 18:46, Leo wrote:
>
>> I was able to reproduce with the following steps:
>>         1. emacs -Q
>>         2. M-x org-mode
>>         3. C-c ! RET
>>         4. Mouse1 click on the date and the agenda buffer pop up
>
> Ah, I misunderstood.  I thought you were saying that such a time
> stamp can select a headline for display in the agenda, for example
> that
>
> * Meeting with Leo [2007-03-14]
>
> would cause an agenda entry on that date.  But it does not.
>
> What you were doing is using a time stamp as a *link* to a specific
> date in the agenda.  This is the way it should be, both for () and
> for [] time stamps.
>
> Which point exactly of the documentation are you referring to?
> maybe I need to clarify something there.
>
> Thanks.
>
> - Carsten

I think I misunderstood the following b/c I never use time stamp in
headings.

,----[ (info "(org)Creating timestamps") ]

| `C-c !'
|      Like `C-c .', but insert an inactive time stamp not triggering the
|      agenda.
`----

Thank you for clarifying this.