* "Ctrl-c a a" does not switch automatically to agenda view
@ 2009-06-15 18:59 Willi Richert
From: Willi Richert @ 2009-06-15 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

if I invoke org-agenda-list it opens the list in a not visible buffer. I have
to manually switch to that buffer all the time.

My Emacs version:
GNU Emacs 23.0.94.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.1)
 of 2009-06-15 on lychee, modified by Debian

.emacs contains the following related stuff:

 '(org-agenda-skip-deadline-if-done t)
 '(org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done t)
 '(org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done t)

(require 'org-install)
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org$" . org-mode))
(global-set-key "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
(global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
(global-set-key "\C-cb" 'org-iswitchb)
(global-set-key "\C-cr" 'org-remember)
(setq org-log-done t)

(org-remember-insinuate)
(setq org-default-notes-file "~/org/notes.org")

Is my emacs installation broken, or is the org verison outdated? It is the
standard org-mode that came with emacs.

Regards,
wr

* Re: "Ctrl-c a a" does not switch automatically to agenda view
@ 2009-06-16  6:56 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2009-06-16  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Willi Richert <w.richert@gmx.net> writes:

Hi Willi,

> if I invoke org-agenda-list it opens the list in a not visible
> buffer. I have to manually switch to that buffer all the time.

This behavior doesn't sound like a problem of the org configs, and what
you've posted looks sane.  Instead I think it may have something to do
with some variable influencing functions like `display-buffer'.
Something like `split-window-preferred-function' maybe.

Or maybe `display-buffer-reuse-frames' is set to true and the agenda is
already shown in another emacs frame on a different workspace.  In that
case, the frame is focussed, but you won't notice it cause it's on an
different workspace.

Bye,
Tassilo
--