On Sat, 4 Sep 2010 11:16:27 -0500, John Hendy wrote: [...] > Kind of. I guess my question was this: > > - If I do a "straight" LaTeX block like this: > \begin{exampleblock}{Example} > Here is some text > \end{exampleblock} > > I get the title "Example" for the block. > > - If I do it via org-beamer like this: > *** Example block :B_example: > :PROPERTIES: > :BEAMER_env: example > :END: > Here is some text > > Then I get the block title "Example (Example block)" Ah, very true. There is a difference. This is because org does not use =exampleblock=; it uses =example= instead: : \begin{example}[The heading for the block] This is different to "exampleblock" which you are using. Which one is nicer is obviously a personal choice; I like the current version personally! But I must admit that I did not know about the other one (exampleblock). eric