Hi Neeum, Neeum Zawan writes: > Eric Schulte writes: > >> Hi Neeum, >> >> Thanks for your feedback. Your point is well taken about the >> flexibility of header arguments, and the ability of a header argument >> based solution to overwrite blocks. >> >> I would mention that variables such as the newly introduced >> `org-babel-tangle-named-block-combination' may be easily set on a >> per-file bases using file local variables---basically adding a line like >> the following to the top of your Org-mode file. > > Somehow I couldn't get your new function to work. The variable is set to > append, and I removed all org-modes from my system except the latest > from git. I even ensured that this code gets executed: > > (append (mapconcat #'identity > named "\n")) > > However, the output I get is the same as before - it just uses the first > source block. > Could you try the attached example file? I first evaluated the following elisp code to set the combination variable's value to append. #+begin_src emacs-lisp (setq org-babel-tangle-named-block-combination 'append) #+end_src I then call org-babel-tangle in the attached Org-mode file to generate the attached elisp file.