* Export all clocks or find last clock out. Is it possible?
@ 2011-12-11  6:56 Mikhail Titov
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Mikhail Titov @ 2011-12-11  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello!

I wonder if I can see all clocks in a table or export them somehow as
csv or alike?

Also how can I navigate to the last clock out?

I know I can do some exercise with awk or perl, but perhaps there should
be a better solution. I tried to google but I can't find anything :(

--
Mikhail

* Re: Export all clocks or find last clock out. Is it possible?
@ 2011-12-11  7:10 ` Puneeth Chaganti
From: Puneeth Chaganti @ 2011-12-11  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikhail Titov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 12/11/11, Mikhail Titov <mlt@gmx.us> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I wonder if I can see all clocks in a table or export them somehow as
> csv or alike?

Look at `org-clock-report' function [
http://orgmode.org/manual/The-clock-table.html ]

Also, hitting R in the agenda mode enables a clockreport mode.

> Also how can I navigate to the last clock out?

`org-clock-goto' function can do this for you.

Use `M-x org-clock-goto' (By default, it is bound to C-c C-x C-j)

HTH,
Puneeth

* Re: Export all clocks or find last clock out. Is it possible?
@ 2011-12-11  7:40   ` Mikhail Titov
From: Mikhail Titov @ 2011-12-11  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Puneeth Chaganti; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 12/11/2011 01:10 AM, Puneeth Chaganti wrote:
> On 12/11/11, Mikhail Titov <mlt@gmx.us> wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I wonder if I can see all clocks in a table or export them somehow as
>> csv or alike?
> Look at `org-clock-report' function [
> http://orgmode.org/manual/The-clock-table.html ]
This does not show all clocks. I've tried clock table with :timestamp.
It shows task time and deadlines and alike but not all clock-in &
clock-out for a task.
>> Also how can I navigate to the last clock out?
> `org-clock-goto' function can do this for you.
>
> Use `M-x org-clock-goto' (By default, it is bound to C-c C-x C-j)
This results in "No active or recent clock task". Generally it works
find while I'm working on document. But if I open old document, it does
not work for some reason :(

I've tried both your suggestions before and that is why I'm asking here
in the list.

M.

* Re: Export all clocks or find last clock out. Is it possible?
@ 2011-12-11  8:15     ` Puneeth Chaganti
From: Puneeth Chaganti @ 2011-12-11  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikhail Titov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Mikhail Titov <mlt@gmx.us> wrote:
> I've tried both your suggestions before and that is why I'm asking here
> in the list.

Sorry that it didn't help. But, IMHO all of these details should've
gone into the first mail.  Nevermind, hopefully someone else would be
able to help you out, from here.

--
Puneeth

* Re: Export all clocks or find last clock out. Is it possible?
@ 2011-12-11 13:05 ` Olaf Dietsche
From: Olaf Dietsche @ 2011-12-11 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikhail Titov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Mikhail Titov <mlt@gmx.us> writes:

> I wonder if I can see all clocks in a table or export them somehow as
> csv or alike?
>
> Also how can I navigate to the last clock out?

As already suggested by Puneeth `org-clock-goto' (with prefix: C-u C-c
C-x C-j) lists the most recently used clocks and C-u C-c C-x C-j 1 jumps
to the last clocked task.

`org-clock-history-length' sets the number of tasks shown.

(custom-set-variables
 '(org-clock-history-length 28))

Besides the org manual, Bernt Hansen has an excellent website
<http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html> covering his workflow with orgmode.
Look out for `org-clock-goto' in "1.5 Key Bindings" and "15.19 Speed
commands".

> I know I can do some exercise with awk or perl, but perhaps there should
> be a better solution. I tried to google but I can't find anything :(

Regards, Olaf

* Re: Export all clocks or find last clock out. Is it possible?
@ 2011-12-11 18:41   ` Mikhail Titov
From: Mikhail Titov @ 2011-12-11 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olaf Dietsche; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 12/11/2011 07:05 AM, Olaf Dietsche wrote:
> As already suggested by Puneeth `org-clock-goto' (with prefix: C-u C-c
> C-x C-j) lists the most recently used clocks and C-u C-c C-x C-j 1 jumps
> to the last clocked task.
For some reason it also shows empty "Recent Tasks" list :(
> `org-clock-history-length' sets the number of tasks shown.
>
> (custom-set-variables
>  '(org-clock-history-length 28))
I evaluated this expression. But it does not make any difference.
> Besides the org manual, Bernt Hansen has an excellent website
> <http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html> covering his workflow with orgmode.
> Look out for `org-clock-goto' in "1.5 Key Bindings" and "15.19 Speed
> commands".
I do have some of Bernt's commands in my dot emacs. As I said, while I'm
working on a file, everything is nice: I can jump to most recent task
with F11 even when it is clocked out. But not when I open an old file.

Also I do have the following in dot emacs

(setq org-clock-persist 'history)
     (org-clock-persistence-insinuate)

But I feel like it is only for most recent file that has no clock out yet.

I'm not consistent with org-mode and I use it for only one project for
timing so far :( Most of the time I spend outside of emacs and I simply
forget to clock a task or even start emacs sometimes. I feel like I'm on
my own if I don't follow org-mode rules all the time and I want to back
fill things I've done in the past.

@ 2011-12-11 22:25 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2011-12-11 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikhail Titov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Mikhail Titov <mlt@gmx.us> writes:

> Also how can I navigate to the last clock out?
>
> I know I can do some exercise with awk or perl, but perhaps there should
> be a better solution. I tried to google but I can't find anything :(
> I know I can do some exercise with awk or perl, but perhaps there should
> be a better solution. I tried to google but I can't find anything :(

You can view your clocked items in the agenda

           agenda view
          / show week view
         / / validate clocks
        / / /
       / / /\
C-c a a w v c

I usually do this for a single day since the clock I'm interested in is
somethign I did today already.

Just find the entry on the agenda and RET on it goes directly to the
clock entry.

HTH,
Bernt

* Re: Export all clocks or find last clock out. Is it possible?
@ 2011-12-11 23:20   ` Mikhail Titov
From: Mikhail Titov @ 2011-12-11 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 12/11/2011 04:25 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:
> Mikhail Titov <mlt@gmx.us> writes:
>
>> Also how can I navigate to the last clock out?
>>
>> I know I can do some exercise with awk or perl, but perhaps there should
>> be a better solution. I tried to google but I can't find anything :(
>> I know I can do some exercise with awk or perl, but perhaps there should
>> be a better solution. I tried to google but I can't find anything :(
> You can view your clocked items in the agenda
>
>            agenda view
>           / show week view
>          / / validate clocks
>         / / /
>        / / /\
> C-c a a w v c
Thanks a lot! I was able to rebuild agenda for the year and check
clocks! Perhaps I missed details on agenda commands while I was reading
manual. Just `v c` is what I was missing.

Can I see somehow see an agenda for previous month after I pressed `v
m`? I had to switch to year view in my case.

@ 2011-12-11 23:23     ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2011-12-11 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikhail Titov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Mikhail Titov <mlt@gmx.us> writes:

> Thanks a lot! I was able to rebuild agenda for the year and check
> clocks! Perhaps I missed details on agenda commands while I was reading
> manual. Just `v c` is what I was missing.
>
> Can I see somehow see an agenda for previous month after I pressed `v
> m`? I had to switch to year view in my case.

Sure - just move forward and backwards through the calendar with 'f' and
'b' respectively.  I rarely look at more than a week at a time but I
move the window over different time ranges frequently.

Regards,
Bernt

* Re: Export all clocks or find last clock out. Is it possible?
@ 2011-12-15 20:31     ` Mikhail Titov
From: Mikhail Titov @ 2011-12-15 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Bernt Hansen'; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I'm not sure what happened, but now I see only "Log mode is on" & "Log mode is off" when I press `v c` in agenda :( Any ideas what is messed up?

M.

* Re: Export all clocks or find last clock out. Is it possible?
@ 2011-12-15 23:00       ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2011-12-15 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikhail Titov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Mikhail Titov" <mlt@gmx.us> writes:

Is your agenda limited by tags or a restriction that has no log data?

-Bernt

* Re: Export all clocks or find last clock out. Is it possible?
@ 2011-12-16 17:23         ` Mikhail Titov
From: Mikhail Titov @ 2011-12-16 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)