* latex export of #+header: lines
@ 2012-01-17  8:31 Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2012-01-17  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I am experiencing a problem with the latex exporter:  #+header: lines
are visible in the exported file.

Example:

/==================================================\
* test header tag
  #+caption: foo
  #+label: fig:fig1
  #+name: foo
  #+header: :file foo.png
  #+header: :width 3600 :height 3600 :res 600
  #+begin_src R :exports results :results graphics
    plot(1:10, 1:10)
  #+end_src
\==================================================/

Results (LaTeX):

/=================================================\
\section{test header tag}
\label{sec-1}
    \#+header: :file foo.png
  \#+header: :width 3600 :height 3600 :res 600
    \begin{figure}[htb]
    \centering
    \includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{foo.png}
    \caption{\label{fig:fig1}foo}
    \end{figure}
\=================================================/

The header arguments seem to take their effect, though.

Regards,
Andreas

* Re: latex export of #+header: lines
@ 2012-01-17  8:59 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-01-17  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Leha wrote:
> I am experiencing a problem with the latex exporter:  #+header: lines
> are visible in the exported file.
>
> Example:
>
> /==================================================\
> * test header tag
>   #+caption: foo
>   #+label: fig:fig1
>   #+name: foo
>   #+header: :file foo.png
>   #+header: :width 3600 :height 3600 :res 600
>   #+begin_src R :exports results :results graphics
>     plot(1:10, 1:10)
>   #+end_src
> \==================================================/

Try using #+LaTeX_HEADER: lines, instead.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: latex export of #+header: lines
@ 2012-01-17 11:27   ` Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2012-01-17 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Sebastien Vauban"
<wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> writes:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> Andreas Leha wrote:
>> I am experiencing a problem with the latex exporter:  #+header: lines
>> are visible in the exported file.
>>
>> Example:
>>
>> /==================================================\
>> * test header tag
>>   #+caption: foo
>>   #+label: fig:fig1
>>   #+name: foo
>>   #+header: :file foo.png
>>   #+header: :width 3600 :height 3600 :res 600
>>   #+begin_src R :exports results :results graphics
>>     plot(1:10, 1:10)
>>   #+end_src
>> \==================================================/
>
> Try using #+LaTeX_HEADER: lines, instead.
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb

Hi Seb,

thanks for the reply!

But as far as I know, #+LaTeX_HEADER (as described
here http://orgmode.org/org.html#Header-and-sectioning) is a different
thing from babel source block header arguments (as described here
http://orgmode.org/org.html#Code-block-specific-header-arguments)

I use both quite extensively.

The #+header: tags can be avoided by creating loooong #+begin_src
lines.  But still, they should not appear in the exported tex code, I
think.

Best,
Andreas

* Re: latex export of #+header: lines
@ 2012-01-17 11:30     ` Andreas Leha
                         ` (2 more replies)
From: Andreas Leha @ 2012-01-17 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:

> "Sebastien Vauban"
> <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> writes:
>

>> Hi Andreas,
>>
>> Andreas Leha wrote:
>>> I am experiencing a problem with the latex exporter:  #+header: lines
>>> are visible in the exported file.
>>>
>>> Example:
>>>
>>> /==================================================\
>>> * test header tag
>>>   #+caption: foo
>>>   #+label: fig:fig1
>>>   #+name: foo
>>>   #+header: :file foo.png
>>>   #+header: :width 3600 :height 3600 :res 600
>>>   #+begin_src R :exports results :results graphics
>>>     plot(1:10, 1:10)
>>>   #+end_src
>>> \==================================================/
>>
>> Try using #+LaTeX_HEADER: lines, instead.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>   Seb
>

> Hi Seb,
>
> thanks for the reply!
>
> But as far as I know, #+LaTeX_HEADER (as described
> here http://orgmode.org/org.html#Header-and-sectioning) is a different
> thing from babel source block header arguments (as described here
> http://orgmode.org/org.html#Code-block-specific-header-arguments)
>
> I use both quite extensively.
>
> The #+header: tags can be avoided by creating loooong #+begin_src
> lines.  But still, they should not appear in the exported tex code, I
> think.
>
> Best,
> Andreas

Just tried, and the odt export has them as well.  Maybe a problem on my
test file?  Or is the #+header(s): tag somehow deprecated?

@ 2012-01-17 12:51       ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-01-17 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Leha wrote:
> Andreas Leha <andreas.leha-A1rZ2h3LdSKGMSlLMZIubhS11BummzK+@public.gmane.org> writes:

>>> Try using #+LaTeX_HEADER: lines, instead.
>>
>> But as far as I know, #+LaTeX_HEADER (as described
>> here http://orgmode.org/org.html#Header-and-sectioning) is a different
>> thing from babel source block header arguments (as described here
>> http://orgmode.org/org.html#Code-block-specific-header-arguments)

Yes, they are. Sorry... I just read too quickly...

>> I use both quite extensively.
>>
>> The #+header: tags can be avoided by creating loooong #+begin_src
>> lines.  But still, they should not appear in the exported tex code, I
>> think.

They should not appear in the exported TeX code. You're right about that.

> Just tried, and the odt export has them as well.  Maybe a problem on my
> test file?  Or is the #+header(s): tag somehow deprecated?

I never used #+header (without the s). But that's not the problem...

This must be related to the new variable `org-babel-exp-code-template'.
See discussion at http://osdir.com/ml/emacs-orgmode-gnu/2012-01/msg00544.html.

Though, I must admit not yet having time for testing it...

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: latex export of #+header: lines
@ 2012-01-17 12:52       ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2012-01-17 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Leha; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:

> Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:
>
>> "Sebastien Vauban"
>> <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> writes:
>>

>>> Hi Andreas,

Confirmation, exporting to latex.  Also happens with #+headers: lines.

The code actually executes as it should so the lines are being
interpreted correctly by babel so it's the exporting that is wrong.

org up to date from git.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.92.1
: using Org-mode version 7.8.03 (release_7.8.03.139.g94f1)

* Re: latex export of #+header: lines
@ 2012-01-19 20:09       ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2012-01-19 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Leha; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:

> Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:
>
>> "Sebastien Vauban"
>> <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> writes:
>>

>>> Hi Andreas,

>>> Try using #+LaTeX_HEADER: lines, instead.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>   Seb
>>

>> Hi Seb,
>>
>> thanks for the reply!
>>
>> But as far as I know, #+LaTeX_HEADER (as described
>> here http://orgmode.org/org.html#Header-and-sectioning) is a different
>> thing from babel source block header arguments (as described here
>> http://orgmode.org/org.html#Code-block-specific-header-arguments)
>>
>> I use both quite extensively.
>>
>> The #+header: tags can be avoided by creating loooong #+begin_src
>> lines.  But still, they should not appear in the exported tex code, I
>> think.
>>
>> Best,
>> Andreas
>
> Just tried, and the odt export has them as well.  Maybe a problem on my
> test file?  Or is the #+header(s): tag somehow deprecated?

If you remove the indentation of "#+header:" line (and thereby force it
to start at column 0) you will see that (atleast) the ODT export doesn't
have the header lines.

I think the problem is not with the latex or odt backends as such but in
the export pre-processor.

@ 2012-01-21  0:19         ` Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2012-01-21  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:
>
>> Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:

>>> Hi Seb,
>>>
>>> thanks for the reply!
>>>
>>> But as far as I know, #+LaTeX_HEADER (as described
>>> here http://orgmode.org/org.html#Header-and-sectioning) is a different
>>> thing from babel source block header arguments (as described here
>>> http://orgmode.org/org.html#Code-block-specific-header-arguments)
>>>
>>> I use both quite extensively.
>>>
>>> The #+header: tags can be avoided by creating loooong #+begin_src
>>> lines.  But still, they should not appear in the exported tex code, I
>>> think.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Andreas
>>
>> Just tried, and the odt export has them as well.  Maybe a problem on my
>> test file?  Or is the #+header(s): tag somehow deprecated?
>
> If you remove the indentation of "#+header:" line (and thereby force it
> to start at column 0) you will see that (atleast) the ODT export doesn't
> have the header lines.
>
> I think the problem is not with the latex or odt backends as such but in
> the export pre-processor.

Hi Jambunathan,

thanks for this work-around with the removal of the indentation.  Works
for #+ATTR_ODT: in the LaTeX export as well.

Cheers,

@ 2012-01-24 15:01         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-01-24 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: Andreas Leha, emacs-orgmode

Hi Jambunathan,

> I think the problem is not with the latex or odt backends as such but in
> the export pre-processor.

Just to make sure: are you suggesting `org-export-preprocess-string'
should normalize comment lines like "^.+#header.*") and move them to
column 0 of the buffer?

Thanks in advance for any detail!

--
 Bastien