emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* [BUG] html export and org results block and indentation
@ 2012-03-26  9:45 Andreas Leha
  2012-03-27 20:15 ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 11+ messages in thread
From: Andreas Leha @ 2012-03-26  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I experience problems when exporting the following to html, as a
spuriuos line
ORG-ORG-START 
is inserted after the results block:

,----
| * Tikz test
|   #+name: contents
|   #+begin_src latex :exports (if (and (boundp 'org-export-current-backend) (eq org-export-current-backend 'latex)) "results" "none") :results latex
|     \begin{tikzpicture}
|       \node[red!50!black] (a) {A};
|       \node (b) [right of=a] {B};
|       \draw[->] (a) -- (b);
|     \end{tikzpicture}
|   #+end_src
| 
|   #+begin_src latex :exports (if (and (boundp 'org-export-current-backend) (eq org-export-current-backend 'latex)) "none" "results") :results org :file test.png :imagemagick yes :iminoptions -density 600 :imoutoptions -geometry 400 :fit yes :noweb yes :headers '("\\usepackage{tikz}")
|     <<contents>>
|   #+end_src
`----

This seems to disappear when I remove the indentation:
,----
| * Tikz test 2
| #+name: contents2
| #+begin_src latex :exports (if (and (boundp 'org-export-current-backend) (eq org-export-current-backend 'latex)) "results" "none") :results latex
|   \begin{tikzpicture}
|     \node[red!50!black] (a) {A};
|     \node (b) [right of=a] {B};
|     \draw[->] (a) -- (b);
|   \end{tikzpicture}
| #+end_src
| 
| #+begin_src latex :exports (if (and (boundp 'org-export-current-backend) (eq org-export-current-backend 'latex)) "none" "results") :results org :file test.png :imagemagick yes :iminoptions -density 600 :imoutoptions -geometry 400 :fit yes :noweb yes :headers '("\\usepackage{tikz}")
|   <<contents2>>
| #+end_src
`----



Regards,
Andreas

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

* Re: [BUG] html export and org results block and indentation
  2012-03-26  9:45 [BUG] html export and org results block and indentation Andreas Leha
@ 2012-03-27 20:15 ` Bastien
  2012-03-28 11:34   ` Andreas Leha
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 11+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2012-03-27 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Leha; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:

> I experience problems when exporting the following to html, as a
> spuriuos line
> ORG-ORG-START 
> is inserted after the results block:

I can't reproduce this.  Please give more information on how to
reproduce the problem.

-- 
 Bastien

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

* Re: [BUG] html export and org results block and indentation
  2012-03-27 20:15 ` Bastien
@ 2012-03-28 11:34   ` Andreas Leha
  2012-03-28 12:00     ` Nick Dokos
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 11+ messages in thread
From: Andreas Leha @ 2012-03-28 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:
>
>> I experience problems when exporting the following to html, as a
>> spuriuos line
>> ORG-ORG-START 
>> is inserted after the results block:
>
> I can't reproduce this.  Please give more information on how to
> reproduce the problem.


The full file to reproduce the problem is:

,----
| * Tikz test
|   #+name: contents
|   #+begin_src latex :exports (if (and (boundp 'org-export-current-backend) (eq org-export-current-backend 'latex)) "results" "none") :results latex
|     \begin{tikzpicture}
|       \node[red!50!black] (a) {A};
|       \node (b) [right of=a] {B};
|       \draw[->] (a) -- (b);
|     \end{tikzpicture}
|   #+end_src
| 
|   #+begin_src latex :exports (if (and (boundp 'org-export-current-backend) (eq org-export-current-backend 'latex)) "none" "results") :results org :file test.png :imagemagick yes :iminoptions -density 600 :imoutoptions -geometry 400 :fit yes :noweb yes :headers '("\\usepackage{tikz}")
|     <<contents>>
|   #+end_src
| 
| * Tikz test 2
| #+name: contents2
| #+begin_src latex :exports (if (and (boundp 'org-export-current-backend) (eq org-export-current-backend 'latex)) "results" "none") :results latex
|   \begin{tikzpicture}
|     \node[red!50!black] (a) {A};
|     \node (b) [right of=a] {B};
|     \draw[->] (a) -- (b);
|   \end{tikzpicture}
| #+end_src
| 
| #+begin_src latex :exports (if (and (boundp 'org-export-current-backend) (eq org-export-current-backend 'latex)) "none" "results") :results org :file test.png :imagemagick yes :iminoptions -density 600 :imoutoptions -geometry 400 :fit yes :noweb yes :headers '("\\usepackage{tikz}")
|   <<contents2>>
| #+end_src
`----

I see the problem, when I export this file to html.

Regards,
Andreas

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

* Re: [BUG] html export and org results block and indentation
  2012-03-28 11:34   ` Andreas Leha
@ 2012-03-28 12:00     ` Nick Dokos
  2012-03-28 12:30       ` Andreas Leha
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 11+ messages in thread
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-03-28 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Leha; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:

> Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:
> 
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:
> >
> >> I experience problems when exporting the following to html, as a
> >> spuriuos line
> >> ORG-ORG-START 
> >> is inserted after the results block:
> >
> > I can't reproduce this.  Please give more information on how to
> > reproduce the problem.
> 
> 
> The full file to reproduce the problem is:
> 
> ,----
> | * Tikz test
> |   #+name: contents
> |   #+begin_src latex :exports (if (and (boundp 'org-export-current-backend) (eq org-export-current-backend 'latex)) "results" "none") :results latex
> |     \begin{tikzpicture}
> |       \node[red!50!black] (a) {A};
> |       \node (b) [right of=a] {B};
> |       \draw[->] (a) -- (b);
> |     \end{tikzpicture}
> |   #+end_src
> | 
> |   #+begin_src latex :exports (if (and (boundp 'org-export-current-backend) (eq org-export-current-backend 'latex)) "none" "results") :results org :file test.png :imagemagick yes :iminoptions -density 600 :imoutoptions -geometry 400 :fit yes :noweb yes :headers '("\\usepackage{tikz}")
> |     <<contents>>
> |   #+end_src
> | 
> | * Tikz test 2
> | #+name: contents2
> | #+begin_src latex :exports (if (and (boundp 'org-export-current-backend) (eq org-export-current-backend 'latex)) "results" "none") :results latex
> |   \begin{tikzpicture}
> |     \node[red!50!black] (a) {A};
> |     \node (b) [right of=a] {B};
> |     \draw[->] (a) -- (b);
> |   \end{tikzpicture}
> | #+end_src
> | 
> | #+begin_src latex :exports (if (and (boundp 'org-export-current-backend) (eq org-export-current-backend 'latex)) "none" "results") :results org :file test.png :imagemagick yes :iminoptions -density 600 :imoutoptions -geometry 400 :fit yes :noweb yes :headers '("\\usepackage{tikz}")
> |   <<contents2>>
> | #+end_src
> `----
> 
> I see the problem, when I export this file to html.
> 

I don't get the spurious ORG-ORG-START line, but I do get a somewhat different problem: the two
results blocks both look like this:

,----
|   #+begin_src latex :exports (if (and (boundp 'org-export-current-backend) (eq org-export-current-backend 'latex)) "none" "results") :results org :file test.png :imagemagick yes :iminoptions -density 600 :imoutoptions -geometry 400 :fit yes :noweb yes :headers '("\\usepackage{tikz}")
|     <<contents>>
|   #+end_src
| 
|   #+RESULTS:
|   #+BEGIN_ORG
|   [[file:test.png]]
|   #+END_ORG
`----

except the second one is not indented. In the resulting HTML, the first one still has
the #+BEGIN_ORG/#+END_ORG decorations around it, whereas the second one does not:

,----
| <p>
|     #+BEGIN<sub>ORG</sub>
|   <img src="test.png"  alt="test.png" />
|   #+END<sub>ORG</sub>
| </p>
`----

vs.

,----
| <p>
| <img src="test.png"  alt="test.png" />
| </p>
`----

Nick

Org-mode version 7.8.06 (release_7.8.06.162.g36bcb)
[includes 3 local commits]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

* Re: [BUG] html export and org results block and indentation
  2012-03-28 12:00     ` Nick Dokos
@ 2012-03-28 12:30       ` Andreas Leha
  2012-03-28 12:41         ` Nick Dokos
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 11+ messages in thread
From: Andreas Leha @ 2012-03-28 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:
>
>> Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:
>> 
>> > Hi Andreas,
>> >
>> > Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:
>> >
>> >> I experience problems when exporting the following to html, as a
>> >> spuriuos line
>> >> ORG-ORG-START 
>> >> is inserted after the results block:
>> >
>> > I can't reproduce this.  Please give more information on how to
>> > reproduce the problem.
>> 
>> 
>> The full file to reproduce the problem is:
>> 
>> ,----
>> | * Tikz test
>> |   #+name: contents
>> |   #+begin_src latex :exports (if (and (boundp 'org-export-current-backend) (eq org-export-current-backend 'latex)) "results" "none") :results latex
>> |     \begin{tikzpicture}
>> |       \node[red!50!black] (a) {A};
>> |       \node (b) [right of=a] {B};
>> |       \draw[->] (a) -- (b);
>> |     \end{tikzpicture}
>> |   #+end_src
>> | 
>> |   #+begin_src latex :exports (if (and (boundp 'org-export-current-backend) (eq org-export-current-backend 'latex)) "none" "results") :results org :file test.png :imagemagick yes :iminoptions -density 600 :imoutoptions -geometry 400 :fit yes :noweb yes :headers '("\\usepackage{tikz}")
>> |     <<contents>>
>> |   #+end_src
>> | 
>> | * Tikz test 2
>> | #+name: contents2
>> | #+begin_src latex :exports (if (and (boundp 'org-export-current-backend) (eq org-export-current-backend 'latex)) "results" "none") :results latex
>> |   \begin{tikzpicture}
>> |     \node[red!50!black] (a) {A};
>> |     \node (b) [right of=a] {B};
>> |     \draw[->] (a) -- (b);
>> |   \end{tikzpicture}
>> | #+end_src
>> | 
>> | #+begin_src latex :exports (if (and (boundp 'org-export-current-backend) (eq org-export-current-backend 'latex)) "none" "results") :results org :file test.png :imagemagick yes :iminoptions -density 600 :imoutoptions -geometry 400 :fit yes :noweb yes :headers '("\\usepackage{tikz}")
>> |   <<contents2>>
>> | #+end_src
>> `----
>> 
>> I see the problem, when I export this file to html.
>> 
>
> I don't get the spurious ORG-ORG-START line, but I do get a somewhat different problem: the two
> results blocks both look like this:
>
> ,----
> |   #+begin_src latex :exports (if (and (boundp
> | org-export-current-backend) (eq org-export-current-backend 'latex))
> | "none" "results") :results org :file test.png :imagemagick yes
> | :iminoptions -density 600 :imoutoptions -geometry 400 :fit yes
> | :noweb yes :headers '("\\usepackage{tikz}")
> |     <<contents>>
> |   #+end_src
> | 
> |   #+RESULTS:
> |   #+BEGIN_ORG
> |   [[file:test.png]]
> |   #+END_ORG
> `----
>
> except the second one is not indented. In the resulting HTML, the first one still has
> the #+BEGIN_ORG/#+END_ORG decorations around it, whereas the second one does not:
>
> ,----
> | <p>
> |     #+BEGIN<sub>ORG</sub>
> |   <img src="test.png"  alt="test.png" />
> |   #+END<sub>ORG</sub>
> | </p>
> `----
>
> vs.
>
> ,----
> | <p>
> | <img src="test.png"  alt="test.png" />
> | </p>
> `----
>
> Nick
>
> Org-mode version 7.8.06 (release_7.8.06.162.g36bcb)
> [includes 3 local commits]

Hi Nick,

thanks for looking into this.  I should have tried with emacs -Q before.

The difference seems to come from me loading the module
org-special-blocks.  Without loading this module, I also get your
result.

Regards,
Andreas

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

* Re: [BUG] html export and org results block and indentation
  2012-03-28 12:30       ` Andreas Leha
@ 2012-03-28 12:41         ` Nick Dokos
  2012-04-03  6:26           ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 11+ messages in thread
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-03-28 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Leha; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:


> The difference seems to come from me loading the module
> org-special-blocks.  Without loading this module, I also get your
> result.
> 

One mystery down, two to go: so there is a (possible) bug in the html
exporter with indented #+BEGIN_ORG/#+END_ORG blocks and another
(possible) bug in org-special-blocks: they are multiplying like
rabbits :-)

Nick

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

* Re: [BUG] html export and org results block and indentation
  2012-03-28 12:41         ` Nick Dokos
@ 2012-04-03  6:26           ` Bastien
  2012-04-03  8:00             ` Vladimir Lomov
  2012-04-03 13:08             ` Andreas Leha
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 11+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2012-04-03  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: Andreas Leha, emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:
>
>> The difference seems to come from me loading the module
>> org-special-blocks.  Without loading this module, I also get your
>> result.
>
> One mystery down, two to go: so there is a (possible) bug in the html
> exporter with indented #+BEGIN_ORG/#+END_ORG blocks and another
> (possible) bug in org-special-blocks: they are multiplying like
> rabbits :-)

So let's herd rabbits and hang them thread by thread: can you/Andreas
post a bug report for each rabbit with a description of the rabbit's
anatomy and a way to double-check its anatomy?

Thanks!

-- 
 Bastien

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

* Re: [BUG] html export and org results block and indentation
  2012-04-03  6:26           ` Bastien
@ 2012-04-03  8:00             ` Vladimir Lomov
  2012-04-06  8:54               ` Bastien
  2012-04-03 13:08             ` Andreas Leha
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 11+ messages in thread
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2012-04-03  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1257 bytes --]

Hello,
** Bastien [2012-04-03 08:26:12 +0200]:

> Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

>> Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:

>>> The difference seems to come from me loading the module
>>> org-special-blocks.  Without loading this module, I also get your
>>> result.

>> One mystery down, two to go: so there is a (possible) bug in the html
>> exporter with indented #+BEGIN_ORG/#+END_ORG blocks and another
>> (possible) bug in org-special-blocks: they are multiplying like
>> rabbits :-)

> So let's herd rabbits and hang them thread by thread: can you/Andreas
> post a bug report for each rabbit with a description of the rabbit's
> anatomy and a way to double-check its anatomy?

How about that:
[see attached file "ex.org"]

I run it with my standard configuration (at end of attached file) and with
emacs -Q -eval "(setq org-modules '(org-special-blocks))" ex.org

P.S. I looked into git log but the only recent changes in
org-special-blocks.el were variable renaming: 'line' ->
'org-special-blocks-line'. I remember that export function works Mar. 31
but don't remember what commit of org-mode this was.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

-- 
"sic transit discus mundi"
(From the System Administrator's Guide, by Lars Wirzenius)

[-- Attachment #2: ex.org --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.lotus-organizer, Size: 7136 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

* Re: [BUG] html export and org results block and indentation
  2012-04-03  6:26           ` Bastien
  2012-04-03  8:00             ` Vladimir Lomov
@ 2012-04-03 13:08             ` Andreas Leha
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 11+ messages in thread
From: Andreas Leha @ 2012-04-03 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:
>
>> Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:
>>
>>> The difference seems to come from me loading the module
>>> org-special-blocks.  Without loading this module, I also get your
>>> result.
>>
>> One mystery down, two to go: so there is a (possible) bug in the html
>> exporter with indented #+BEGIN_ORG/#+END_ORG blocks and another
>> (possible) bug in org-special-blocks: they are multiplying like
>> rabbits :-)
>
> So let's herd rabbits and hang them thread by thread: can you/Andreas
> post a bug report for each rabbit with a description of the rabbit's
> anatomy and a way to double-check its anatomy?
>
> Thanks!

I wrote a separate (and much simpler) bug report here
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/54286

Cheers,
Andreas

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

* Re: [BUG] html export and org results block and indentation
  2012-04-03  8:00             ` Vladimir Lomov
@ 2012-04-06  8:54               ` Bastien
  2012-04-06 13:28                 ` Vladimir Lomov
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 11+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2012-04-06  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Lomov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Vladimir,

Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl@gmail.com> writes:

> How about that:
> [see attached file "ex.org"]
>
> I run it with my standard configuration (at end of attached file) and with
> emacs -Q -eval "(setq org-modules '(org-special-blocks))" ex.org

Thanks for this info.

> P.S. I looked into git log but the only recent changes in
> org-special-blocks.el were variable renaming: 'line' ->
> 'org-special-blocks-line'. 

That's the problem indeed.

I reverted this commit:
http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=commit;h=9054ba39d085dc2910285a194ed2206b36875289

Please confirm this fixes your problem.

Best,

-- 
 Bastien

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

* Re: [BUG] html export and org results block and indentation
  2012-04-06  8:54               ` Bastien
@ 2012-04-06 13:28                 ` Vladimir Lomov
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 11+ messages in thread
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2012-04-06 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,
** Bastien [2012-04-06 10:54:13 +0200]:

> Hi Vladimir,

> Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl@gmail.com> writes:

>> How about that:
>> [see attached file "ex.org"]

>> I run it with my standard configuration (at end of attached file) and with
>> emacs -Q -eval "(setq org-modules '(org-special-blocks))" ex.org

> Thanks for this info.

>> P.S. I looked into git log but the only recent changes in
>> org-special-blocks.el were variable renaming: 'line' ->
>> 'org-special-blocks-line'. 

> That's the problem indeed.

> I reverted this commit:
> http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=commit;h=9054ba39d085dc2910285a194ed2206b36875289

> Please confirm this fixes your problem.

> Best,

Just tried with fresh git commit, it works with enabled `org-special-blocks', thanks.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

-- 
Q:	How do you play religious roulette?
A:	You stand around in a circle and blaspheme and see who gets
	struck by lightning first.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2012-04-06 13:29 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 11+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2012-03-26  9:45 [BUG] html export and org results block and indentation Andreas Leha
2012-03-27 20:15 ` Bastien
2012-03-28 11:34   ` Andreas Leha
2012-03-28 12:00     ` Nick Dokos
2012-03-28 12:30       ` Andreas Leha
2012-03-28 12:41         ` Nick Dokos
2012-04-03  6:26           ` Bastien
2012-04-03  8:00             ` Vladimir Lomov
2012-04-06  8:54               ` Bastien
2012-04-06 13:28                 ` Vladimir Lomov
2012-04-03 13:08             ` Andreas Leha

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).