From: Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [OT] Does anyone use Tinderbox?
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 18:24:48 -0700	[thread overview]

On Tue, Sep 04 2012, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Thank your for sharing your insights! Tinderbox does look
> interesting, albeit a bit overkill.
>

>     *without* later discovering some
>     free open source software that did the same thing better.
>

> Care to share which?

Well the most obvious example was TextMate, which I was happy to pay for
and enjoyed using, but after hearing it described as "emacs-like"
several times, I googled "emacs" and ended up… here.

Others include Quicken, which I replaced with ledger; iWork, which I
replaced with OpenOffice (actually iWork is much nicer, so that doesn't
count); and some photo editing program I forget the name of, which I
replaced with GIMP.