* LinkedIn Group & Company
@ 2012-09-05 15:51 Neil Smithline
From: Neil Smithline @ 2012-09-05 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

12 days ago someone created a LinkedIn group for Org Mode (
http://j.mp/TmQK5R).

I've now joined the group bringing the total group members to 2.

Two things.

- I don't think the Org Mode group was announced to this email list.
Problem resolved with this email :-D

- I would like to create a LinkedIn Company for Org Mode. LinkedIn allows
you to list charitable work you have done for organizations. I have listed
Org Mode as an organization as an ad hoc organization to which I have
donated. I think it would be nice to have an official company/organization
for people to list Org Mode in their LinkedIn profile. I think it would
benefit individuals to be able to list an official company and benefit Org
Mode to have the extra publicity.

Assuming the powers that be think having an official LinkedIn
company/organization is a good idea, I can either create it or leave it to
one of the major Org Mode engineers to create it. (Instructions available
at  http://j.mp/TmQK5R).

Neil

* Re: LinkedIn Group & Company
@ 2012-09-14  7:14 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-09-14  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neil Smithline; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Neil,

Neil Smithline <emacs-orgmode@neilsmithline.com> writes:

> - I don't think the Org Mode group was announced to this email list.
> Problem resolved with this email :-D

Thanks.

> - I would like to create a LinkedIn Company for Org Mode. LinkedIn
> allows you to list charitable work you have done for organizations. I
> have listed Org Mode as an organization as an ad hoc organization to
> which I have donated. I think it would be nice to have an official
> company/organization for people to list Org Mode in their LinkedIn
> profile. I think it would benefit individuals to be able to list an
> official company and benefit Org Mode to have the extra publicity.
>
> Assuming the powers that be think having an official LinkedIn company
> /organization is a good idea, I can either create it or leave it to
> one of the major Org Mode engineers to create it. (Instructions
> available at  http://j.mp/TmQK5R).

I'm not fond of having a "company", since Org is no company.
It is not an association either.  So all this would be confusing.

Of course, Org is not trademarked, so anyone is free to do whatever
he thinks is good/fun.  But I would not join such a "company".

2 cts,

--
 Bastien