On 12月 19 2012, Achim Gratz wrote: > Bastien writes: >> I think a reasonable expectation is to be fully compatible with >> the last two major versions of GNU Emacs (23 and 24). > > It would help if I managed to get Emacs 23 to compile Org… but since > some people on the list are still using Emacs23 and they don't report > problems I'm assuming it's rather something in my build ATM, although > I've built Emacs 23 with the same parameters before (just a different > compiler). > >> For Emacs 22 and XEmacs, if we have people using these Emacsen, maybe >> they can help? > > Emacs 22 is already broken in non-trivial ways AFAICS and the question > is if its worth the effort to unbreak it. There are some things I've > looked at (like macro expansion inside a macro, as it is used in > org-odt) that should work, but apparently don't. I have no idea if the > byte-code that is generated has a chance of working, but it looks quite > strange. UTF-8 support is another sore point that currently shoots down > startup of the test suite if I interpret the error messages correctly. > > I'm not sure which is the last version that fully works with Emacs 22, > even to find that out would take quite some time. > >> I'm reluctant to drop support for Emacs 22/XEmacs as it would >> block those volunteers. > > I have somewhat more hope for XEmacs, although many of the newer > additions to Org would need to be reviewed for compatibility problems. > > > Regards, > Achim. Thanks., -- ఎందరో మహానుభావులు అందరికి వందనములు YYR