Hello Achim, I have emacs 22 installed on one system. ,----[/usr/bin/emacs --version] | GNU Emacs 22.3.1 | Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc. | GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. | You may redistribute copies of Emacs | under the terms of the GNU General Public License. | For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING. `---- I just tried building. it was successful although there are lot of warnings. build logs are attached in case if you are interested to look into. $ make 1> make.log 2>error.log