* New feature: export an agenda to an Org file
@ 2013-02-15 15:47 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-15 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I've committed a feature that allows you to export your agenda buffer
to an Org file.  It will create a new file containing the headlines of
the agenda.  The headlines do not contain any children they may have.

Please try the feature extensively before Org 8.0.

In an agenda buffer C-x C-w test.org RET

 Bastien

* Re: New feature: export an agenda to an Org file
@ 2013-02-20 23:55 ` Robert Eckl
From: Robert Eckl @ 2013-02-20 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I've committed a feature that allows you to export your agenda buffer
> to an Org file.  It will create a new file containing the headlines of
> the agenda.  The headlines do not contain any children they may have.
>
> Please try the feature extensively before Org 8.0.
>
> In an agenda buffer C-x C-w test.org RET

I'm not sure, is it intended?

Inherited Tags are not taken.

   #+begin_src org
     * Projekt XYZ                                                 :foo:
     ** TODO Action
       SCHEDULED: <2013-02-21 Do>
   #+end_src

In the agenda, the tag :foo: is inherited to the TODO Action, not in the
exported file.

Thanks,

Robert

* Re: New feature: export an agenda to an Org file
@ 2013-02-22 14:08   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-22 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Eckl; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Robert,

Robert Eckl <eckl.r@gmx.de> writes:

>> I've committed a feature that allows you to export your agenda buffer
>> to an Org file.  It will create a new file containing the headlines of
>> the agenda.  The headlines do not contain any children they may have.
>>
>> Please try the feature extensively before Org 8.0.
>>
>> In an agenda buffer C-x C-w test.org RET
>
> I'm not sure, is it intended?

Yes it is -- exporting an agenda to an .org file will collect the
original headlines (with their body but without their subtrees) and
put them in a new .org file.

I've updated the documentation to mention this.

The idea behind this feature is to be able to create *temporary*
.org files for focused work, e.g., for a clean export of the agenda
or for converting headlines into a plain list to print.  With this
"focus" idea in mind, adding inherited tags seemed too much, as tags
are really useful for... creating agendas.

Let me know if you strongly feel inherited tags should be allowed
here and why.

 Bastien