* cannot open org files without heading
@ 2013-06-09  6:32 henry atts
From: henry atts @ 2013-06-09  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Let's say I have an org file without any heading. When I want to open it
in emacs I have to try twice. First time nothing happens and emacs tells
me ``before first heading''. It only will be opened at the second try.
Okay, org files do need a heading and that is the way emacs urges me to
insert one at last.
I can live with it and try it twice. But if I want to open an org file
without heading on the commandline with emacsclient (or if I want to
create a new one this way) like: `emacsclient -t new.org' then nothing
at all happens and I have to kill the unfinished process with CTRL-C.

I afterwards have to reset the terminal because it `looks weird' (line
breaks and spacings are gone) which I find rather inconvenient.

henry

--
web: http://literaturlatenight.de

* Re: cannot open org files without heading
@ 2013-06-10 10:45 ` henry atts
From: henry atts @ 2013-06-10 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

henry atts <snd@online.de> writes:

> Let's say I have an org file without any heading. When I want to open it
> in emacs I have to try twice. First time nothing happens and emacs tells
> me ``before first heading''. It only will be opened at the second try.
> Okay, org files do need a heading and that is the way emacs urges me to
> insert one at last.
> I can live with it and try it twice. But if I want to open an org file
> without heading on the commandline with emacsclient (or if I want to
> create a new one this way) like: `emacsclient -t new.org' then nothing
> at all happens and I have to kill the unfinished process with CTRL-C.
>
> I afterwards have to reset the terminal because it `looks weird' (line
> breaks and spacings are gone) which I find rather inconvenient.

The culprit is:

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'org-tree-slide-mode)

(add-hook 'find-file-hook
  '(lambda () (when (eq major-mode 'org-mode)

    (org-tree-slide-mode))))

henry

--
web: http://literaturlatenight.de