Hi Rasmus, Thank you very much for testing the patch! 2013ko urriak 29an, Rasmus-ek idatzi zuen: [...] > It doesn't work for me however. Or perhaps I just don't get it. I am > expecting it to work similarly to AUCTeX-synctex and other non-Emacs > editors supporting synctex. E.g. a red box usually pops up, > highlighting the correct line and I'm able to jump back from the pdf > to the source. Neither works. Indeed, the jump from emacs -> pdf is not implemented. I’ve got some complicated dbus voodoo (attached to this email, in case it is useful for you or others) in my init.el to get that working with AucTeX – I am also using evince as the viewer). So I will have to investigate how to add that feature. The jump from pdf viewer -> org should be working though, assuming it does for you in auctex. (I also have some dbus arcana for that portion in my init.el file; I assume you do too). Ideally, I think ox-synctex should eventually include the configurations for as many pdf viewers as possible, so that users do not need to configure this themselves. (Ideally x 2, some external library would already provide this...) > > I tested it with emacs -q. > > Note, there should probably be some require statement in the top of > your file. ox-latex would work, but you might only need org-element. This is right; I added both just to be safe (and dired, which was also needed since I borrow a defcustom from there). One thing I forgot to mention in my last email is that you need to customize your org-latex-pdf-process to make the latex compiler generate a synctex file. (This is a command line switch, but it differs across (pdf/xe/lua)tex.) So this could be why it does not work for you in emacs -q. The following bit of code suffices, after M-x load-library ox-latex: (setq org-latex-pdf-process '("pdflatex -synctex=1 -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f")) I attach another version of the patch, with the missing requires as well as some more logging code. If it doesn’t work for you, could you perhaps send me the lines in *Messages* generated by the export?