Hi, Darlan Cavalcante Moreira writes: > I have this > #+LINK: attach elisp:(org-open-file (org-attach-expand "%s")) > in all of my org-mode files. In fact, I have this line, among others, in > an org-mode setup file which is included in all of my org-mode files > using "#+SETUPFILE:" > > Then I can create a link to an attachment with > [[attach:filename_without_any_path.extension][description]] > > Also, just after attaching a new file org will automatically store the > link so that you can use "C-c C-l" to include the link. I like your solution, but I was quite frustrated by the lack of completion against the attached files, Here, I propose a solution using `org-add-link-type' and adding "attach:" kind of links. I actually propose to patch org mode to add this feature. I realized that the part about finding the attached file was already implemented into `org-attach-open', so I first extracted the functionality into a separated function, then I made use of it to implement the new "attach:" link and the associated completion. For that reason, I split the work into two commits that you'll find attached to this mail.