* [org-caldav] discerning calendars by color
@ 2015-04-05 21:05 Gour
From: Gour @ 2015-04-05 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I've org-caldav-20150131.152 and using org-mode-8.2.10 (Emacs-24.4.1) and did
setup using org-caldav-calendars in order to be able to sync two calendars
which are in my case *two* calendars used by *one* ownCloud user.

Syncing with the server and my phone with DAVdroid seems to work properly,
but I wonder how to manage to get different color for calendar entries on my phone?

Every calendar is setup with different color on the ownCloud server, but they
are rendered same in phone's calendar app.

Previously I was trying to use different accounts (me & my wife) and share
each other's calendar, but then the problem is how to authorize users by
having same 'machine' entry in my authinfo.gpg?

Let me say that when using Evolution, I see different colors for each
calendar both on the phone as well as in Evolution itself, but the whole
point of using org-caldav (as well as org-vcard) is to be able to get rid of
Evolution as well as GNOME stuff considering that I use Xfce.

Another possibility could be to use some other WebDAV server (e.g. Baikal,
Radicale) if, for whatever reason, there is problem between org-caldav & OC,
but considering that I have need to sync some multimedia stuff (mp3
recordings, phone's pics & videos), I'd need another solution for syncing
files (any recommendation?).

Sincerely,
Gour

--
But for one who takes pleasure in the self, whose human life
is one of self-realization, and who is satisfied in the self only,

* Re: [org-caldav] discerning calendars by color
@ 2015-04-05 21:31 ` Gour
From: Gour @ 2015-04-05 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Gour <gour@atmarama.net> writes:

> Syncing with the server and my phone with DAVdroid seems to work properly,
> but I wonder how to manage to get different color for calendar entries on my phone?

Ahh...soon after posting I got idea to change my org-caldav-calendars a bit
and by using different entry for :inbox key, now everything is fine, it
seems.

Excuse me for the noise. :-(

Sincerely,
Gour

--
You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you
are not entitled to the fruits of action. Never consider