* Problems with Hyperlinks containing backslashes
@ 2015-04-07 15:18 Elwood151
From: Elwood151 @ 2015-04-07 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: Problems with Hyperlinks containing backslashes
@ 2015-04-07 20:16 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-04-07 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Elwood151@web.de writes:

> I'm working with Emacs 24.4.1 and org-mode 8.2.10 on Windows 7.
> I have to use hyperlinks to our network servers like
> \\servername\dir1\dir2 and unfortunately I can not use them in
> hyperlinks in Emacs org-mode, I then get the error:
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "ShellExecute failed: Das System
> kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.")
> w32-shell-execute("open" "\\\\servername\\dir1\\dir2")
> eval((w32-shell-execute "open" file))
> It seems that Emacs automatically replaces each backslash with a
> double backslash.
> How can I change that so that it is working?

IIRC it is fixed in development branch of Org. You may want to use it or
wait for Org 8.3 to be released.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Problems with Hyperlinks containing backslashes
@ 2015-04-08 12:11 Martin Beck
From: Martin Beck @ 2015-04-08 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: Problems with Hyperlinks containing backslashes
@ 2015-04-09 17:46 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-04-09 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Martin Beck" <Elwood151@web.de> writes:

>>> w32-shell-execute("open" "\\\\servername\\dir1\\dir2")
>>> eval((w32-shell-execute "open" file))
>>> It seems that Emacs automatically replaces each backslash with a
>>> double backslash.
>>> How can I change that so that it is working?
>> IIRC it is fixed in development branch of Org. You may want to use
> it or
>> wait for Org 8.3 to be released.
> Salut Nicolas,
> thanks a lot - indeed with the current org-lastest, the above
> mentioned problem seems to be solved.
> However I'm still having problem with paths like that:
> [[file+sys:\\servername.domain.de\dir\]]
> which produce the error "No such file c:/servername.domain.de/dir/"

I cannot reproduce it. However, I don't use Windows either. The part of
code responsible for URI normalization is located in
`org-element-link-parser':

        (when (and (file-name-absolute-p path)
                   (not (org-string-match-p "\\`[/~]/" path)))
          (setq path (concat "//" path)))

The "c:" is added elsewhere.