* Bug: Org timeline does not work [8.3beta (release_8.3beta-1229-ge900eb @ /home/dominik/.emacs.d/org-mode/lisp/)]
@ 2015-06-18  8:37 Dominik Schrempf
From: Dominik Schrempf @ 2015-06-18  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

if I want to create a timeline of an arbritrary org file, I get the
following error:

Symbol's function is void: org-timeline

Best wishes,
Dominik

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.2)
 of 2015-04-20 on bitzer.hoetzel.info
Package: Org-mode version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-1229-ge900eb @
/home/dominik/.emacs.d/org-mode/lisp/)

* Re: Bug: Org timeline does not work [8.3beta (release_8.3beta-1229-ge900eb @ /home/dominik/.emacs.d/org-mode/lisp/)]
@ 2015-06-18 17:10 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2015-06-18 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dominik Schrempf <dominik.schrempf@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> if I want to create a timeline of an arbritrary org file, I get the following error:
>
> Symbol's function is void: org-timeline

This function is defined in org-agenda.el[c]. So the question is:
is org-agenda loaded? If

(featurep 'org-agenda)

evaluates to nil, it is not: check your initialization.
If it *is* loaded, then something is *really* wrong with your
installation.

BTW, to paraphrase a certain Jedi master "this is not the function you
are looking for": org-timeline was a poor man's agenda before agendas
were implemented. At this point, it is an orphan, waiting to be
deprecated and deleted. Check the ML for earlier discussions.

> Best wishes,
> Dominik
>
> Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.2)
>  of 2015-04-20 on bitzer.hoetzel.info
> Package: Org-mode version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-1229-ge900eb @ /home/dominik/.emacs.d/org-mode/lisp/)

Nick