* ox-koma-letter.el: subtree vs buffer, precedence of properties, superscript transcoding
@ 2015-06-22 21:57 Myles English
From: Myles English @ 2015-06-22 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Hello,

I have noticed some strange things about koma letter exports (current
git master 329683).

1) subtree scope export results differently than buffer scope export

2) a signature specified in the subtree property does not take
   precedence in subtree export

3) superscripts on the dates behave differently in the subject and
   date properties, i.e. 20\textsuperscript{th} & 20^{th}

The files included below constitute a Fairly Small Working Example (a
FSWE) that illustrate those things.  Using those files, I start emacs
like this:

emacs -Q -l config.el a.org   # or b.org

Thanks,
Myles

The Files
---------

1) a.org  Export like this: C-c C-e C-s k o   ________________________

* Letter
:PROPERTIES:
:EXPORT_LaTeX_CLASS: my-min-letter
:EXPORT_LCO: mylco
:EXPORT_TITLE:
:EXPORT_PLACE: Here
:EXPORT_SUBJECT: The thing that happened on 20\textsuperscript{th} June 2015
:EXPORT_DATE: June 20^{th} 2015
:EXPORT_TO_ADDRESS: Orgsters\\Internet
:EXPORT_OPENING: Dear Mr X,
:EXPORT_AUTHOR: Ronald Reagan
:EXPORT_CLOSING: Yours sincerely,
:EXPORT_SIGNATURE: This is the sig I want
:END:

The thing that happened was completely unacceptable.
SUBTREE EXPORT

2) b.org  Export like this: C-c C-e k o       ________________________

#+LaTeX_CLASS: my-min-letter
#+LCO: mylco
#+TITLE:
#+PLACE: Here
#+SUBJECT: The thing that happened on 20\textsuperscript{th} June 2015
#+DATE: June 20^{th} 2015
#+TO_ADDRESS: Orgsters\\Internet
#+OPENING: Dear Mr X,
#+AUTHOR: Ronald Reagan
#+CLOSING: Yours sincerely,
#+SIGNATURE: This is the sig I want

* Letter
The thing that happened was completely unacceptable.
WHOLE BUFFER EXPORT

3) config.el                                  ________________________

(add-to-list 'load-path
	     "~/.emacs.d/plugins/org-mode/lisp")
(add-to-list 'load-path
	     "~/.emacs.d/plugins/org-mode/contrib/lisp" t)

(require 'ox-latex)
(global-set-key (kbd "C-c C-e") 'org-export-dispatch)

(eval-after-load 'ox '(require 'ox-koma-letter))

(eval-after-load 'ox-koma-letter
  '(progn
     (add-to-list 'org-latex-classes
                  '("my-min-letter"
                    "\\documentclass[foldmarks=false]\{scrlttr2\}
     \\usepackage[UKenglish]{babel}
     \[DEFAULT-PACKAGES]
     \[PACKAGES]
     \[EXTRA]"))
     (setq org-koma-letter-default-class "my-min-letter")
     ))

4) mylco.lco                                  ________________________

\setkomavar{fromname}{Name in LCO file}
\setkomavar{fromaddress}{My house\\My street}
\setkomavar{signature}{\usekomavar{fromname}}

* Re: ox-koma-letter.el: subtree vs buffer, precedence of properties, superscript transcoding
@ 2015-06-23  2:56 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-06-23  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Myles,

Thanks for your report.

Myles English <mylesenglish@gmail.com> writes:

> 1) subtree scope export results differently than buffer scope export

It seems changes set in properties are not registered as changes in the
file cf. 2.  Thus, some fields you'd like to get after the LCO file aren't
detected as changed.

> 2) a signature specified in the subtree property does not take
>    precedence in subtree export

Somehow, when you specify it as a property it's not detected
as :inbuffer-signature.

> 3) superscripts on the dates behave differently in the subject and
>    date properties, i.e. 20\textsuperscript{th} & 20^{th}

It depends on whether the keyword is interpreted.  SUBJECT should be
interpreted.  I think it was added in the patch in Eric's thread last
week.  I will push it when I get back to that computer.

Hope this helps,
Rasmus

PS: You can use special headings for specifying stuff like addresses, and
    maybe even subjects (I don't remember).

--
Sådan en god dansk lagereddike kan man slet ikke bruge mere

* Re: ox-koma-letter.el: subtree vs buffer, precedence of properties, superscript transcoding
@ 2015-06-23 20:13   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-06-23 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> Myles English <mylesenglish@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> 1) subtree scope export results differently than buffer scope export
>
> It seems changes set in properties are not registered as changes in the
> file cf. 2.  Thus, some fields you'd like to get after the LCO file aren't
> detected as changed.
>
>> 2) a signature specified in the subtree property does not take
>>    precedence in subtree export
>
> Somehow, when you specify it as a property it's not detected
> as :inbuffer-signature.

Fixed in b07bd32081db62725af12b185a786aa0d7f99bae. Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: ox-koma-letter.el: subtree vs buffer, precedence of properties, superscript transcoding
@ 2015-06-23 21:24     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-06-23 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>> Somehow, when you specify it as a property it's not detected
>> as :inbuffer-signature.
>
> Fixed in b07bd32081db62725af12b185a786aa0d7f99bae. Thank you.

Thanks for fixing this, Nicolas.

Rasmus

--
If you can mix business and politics wonderful things can happen!

* Re: ox-koma-letter.el: subtree vs buffer, precedence of properties, superscript transcoding
@ 2015-06-23 22:08       ` Myles English
From: Myles English @ 2015-06-23 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus, Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes:
>
>>> Somehow, when you specify it as a property it's not detected
>>> as :inbuffer-signature.
>>
>> Fixed in b07bd32081db62725af12b185a786aa0d7f99bae. Thank you.
>
> Thanks for fixing this, Nicolas.

Yes, and thanks both of you for looking into this.

Myles