* [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositories before 31/12/2017
@ 2017-12-28 17:12 Bastien Guerry
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2017-12-28 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

thanks to Jason Dunsmore, we were able to have our orgmode.org server
sponsored by Rackspace.  Their OSS hosting program ends by the end of
the year¹.  Thanks a lot to Rackspace for this program, it saved us a
lot of money!  And to Jason for letting us know about it.

I have configured a new server: a vultr.com Debian 9 x64 with 1024 MB
at 5$ per month -- for a start.

I will make the DNS switch to the new server on the 30/12/2017 between
8pm CET and midnight CET.

**IF YOU USE GIT FOR ORG/WORG, YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR REPOSITORIES!**

If you don't use Git for Org, you can jump directly to the end of this
email, where I explain the purpose of code.orgmode.org.

For Org/Worg USERS who use Git to clone Org/Worg

After 31/12/2017 (leaving a 24h window for DNS propagation), the only
way to clone the Org git repository will be through our Gogs instance:

  https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode

If you cloned from the old server, your current .git/config file has:

[remote "origin"]
  	url = orgmode@orgmode.org:org-mode.git
	fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*

You can clone Org from the new server with one of these commands:

~$ git clone git@code.orgmode.org:bzg/org-mode.git
~$ git clone https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git

In the newly created repository, your .git/config file will now read:

[remote "origin"]
	url = git@code.orgmode.org:bzg/org-mode.git
	fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*

or

[remote "origin"]
	url = https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git
	fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*

You can also use https instead of git, see the repository page.

Instructions are similar for Worg.

For Org and Worg COMMITTERS
============================

You will need to create a new user on https://code.orgmode.org in
order to push commits to org-mode.git or worg.git:

1. Create a user on https://code.orgmode.org
2. Add your ssh public key
3. Send me an email to be added as a collaborator on Org/Worg

Why code.orgmode.org ?
=======================

The https://code.orgmode.org gogs instance is intended as being a home
for every Org developers, whether they are contributing to Org's core,
Worg documentation - or any other Org-related package.  The idea is to
create a place for code that we collectively take care of.

New Org packages are already welcome.

Mirrors for active Org packages are welcome.

Also, I would like to migrate Elisp files currently in Org's contrib/
directory as separate packages on https://code.orgmode.org.

Testing the new server
=======================

You can test the new website here: https://beta.orgmode.org

If someone asks anywhere about a broken Org repository, please refer
to this email.

Happy hacking and *thanks*!

¹ https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/10/20/rackspace_ends_discount_hosting_for_open_source_projects/

--
 Bastien

* Re: [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositories before 31/12/2017
@ 2017-12-29  7:32 ` Michael Welle
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Michael Welle @ 2017-12-29  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

thank you all, who are involved in keeping Org going. Not only the
people, who provide infrastructure, but also the people, who do the daily
work, who provide patches and the people, who use Org.

Bastien Guerry <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> thanks to Jason Dunsmore, we were able to have our orgmode.org server
> sponsored by Rackspace.  Their OSS hosting program ends by the end of
> the year¹.  Thanks a lot to Rackspace for this program, it saved us a
> lot of money!  And to Jason for letting us know about it.
>
> I have configured a new server: a vultr.com Debian 9 x64 with 1024 MB
> at 5$ per month -- for a start.
Is there a way to throw a bit of money on the project, not using the
company behind the support button on the web page?

Regards
hmw

* Re: [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositories before 31/12/2017
@ 2017-12-29  9:59 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-12-29  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am 28.12.2017 um 18:12 schrieb Bastien Guerry:
> thanks to Jason Dunsmore, we were able to have our orgmode.org server
> sponsored by Rackspace.  Their OSS hosting program ends by the end of
> the year¹.  Thanks a lot to Rackspace for this program, it saved us a
> lot of money!  And to Jason for letting us know about it.

And if you'd read through the entirety of the Register article you
linked to you'd find that presumably any existing OSS hosting would
continue to be free, so why exactly does Org need to migrate?

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)

* Re: [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositories before 31/12/2017
@ 2017-12-29 12:23   ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2017-12-29 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Welle; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Michael,

Michael Welle <mwe012008@gmx.net> writes:

> thank you all, who are involved in keeping Org going. Not only the
> people, who provide infrastructure, but also the people, who do the daily
> work, who provide patches and the people, who use Org.

+1!

> Is there a way to throw a bit of money on the project, not using the
> company behind the support button on the web page?

I'm on Liberapay and Flattr:

- https://liberapay.com/bzg
- https://flattr.com/@bzg

I'm not receiving donations through these websites, but it should work.

We are discussing with Nicolas on how to set up a better "donations"
page, we will open the discussion soon.

--

@ 2017-12-29 12:26   ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2017-12-29 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Achim,

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@Nexgo.DE> writes:

> And if you'd read through the entirety of the Register article you
> linked to you'd find that presumably any existing OSS hosting would
> continue to be free, so why exactly does Org need to migrate?

I didn't decide to migrate the server based on reading this article
but based on email exchanges with Jason.

Migrating to a new vultr instance was easier than trying to upgrade
the rackspace hosting service and the vultr pricing is better.

Best,

--

@ 2017-12-29 16:43 ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2017-12-29 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Correcting myself:

Bastien Guerry <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> You can clone Org from the new server with one of these commands:
>
> ~$ git clone git@code.orgmode.org:bzg/org-mode.git
               ^^^

This is for when you have an account on code.orgmode.org and want
to clone through ssh.

> ~$ git clone https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git
               ^^^^^

This is for users who want to clone and don't need an account on
code.orgmode.org.

--

@ 2017-12-30 10:39     ` Allen Li
From: Allen Li @ 2017-12-30 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien Guerry; +Cc: Achim Gratz, emacs-orgmode

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 4:26 AM, Bastien Guerry <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hi Achim,
>
> Achim Gratz <Stromeko@Nexgo.DE> writes:
>
>> And if you'd read through the entirety of the Register article you
>> linked to you'd find that presumably any existing OSS hosting would
>> continue to be free, so why exactly does Org need to migrate?
>
> I didn't decide to migrate the server based on reading this article
> but based on email exchanges with Jason.
>
> Migrating to a new vultr instance was easier than trying to upgrade
> the rackspace hosting service and the vultr pricing is better.

I'm not sure I understand.  According to the referenced news article,
Rackspace will continue to service existing FOSS projects (i.e., Org)
for free.  Shouldn't Rackspace's free pricing be better than vultr's
$5 hosting?

* Re: [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositories before 31/12/2017
@ 2017-12-30 11:23       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2017-12-30 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Allen Li; +Cc: Achim Gratz, emacs-orgmode

Hi Allen,

Allen Li <vianchielfaura@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm not sure I understand.  According to the referenced news article,
> Rackspace will continue to service existing FOSS projects (i.e., Org)
> for free.  Shouldn't Rackspace's free pricing be better than vultr's
> $5 hosting?

Here is an excerpt of the email Jason received on Oct 17:

  From: Rackspace <noreply@tickets.rackspace.com>
  Date: Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 3:47 PM
  Subject: Rackspace Cloud Support Update to: Open Source Discount Program

  Thank you for participating in the Open Source Discount program!
  Over the past 3 years, Rackspace has provided over 100 startups with
  discounted cloud infrastructure through this program.  We are proud
  of our contribution in this area, and hope these credits have helped
  contribute to the success of your organization as it has for so many
  others.

  With that said, we have decided that now is the right time to close
  out this program.  On December 31, 2017, the Open Source discount
  program will end, and credits will no longer be applied to your
  account.  You will be responsible for your full invoice amount
  moving forward.

  To help reduce any impact that this may cause to your business, we
  would like to schedule an Account Review.  In this review, we will
  discuss the best options for your account moving forward.  Please
  reply back so that we can set up a day and time works best for this
  review.  You can also call in 1-800-961-4454 and ask for your
  Technical Account Manager.

"You will be responsible for your full invoice amount moving forward."
reads like "You will pay the bill" to me -- and apparently many others
were confused to.

I didn't have time to follow the discussions that followed up and
maybe Rackspace is still sponsoring FLOSS project, I don't know.

But I think the move to another server is a good thing.

Best,

--

@ 2017-12-30 11:39     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-12-30 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am 29.12.2017 um 13:26 schrieb Bastien Guerry:
> Migrating to a new vultr instance was easier than trying to upgrade
> the rackspace hosting service and the vultr pricing is better.

It's water under the bridge now, but if there had been a discussion here
we might have converged to a different solution.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)

* Re: [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositories before 31/12/2017
@ 2017-12-30 11:57       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2017-12-30 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Achim,

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@Nexgo.DE> writes:

> Am 29.12.2017 um 13:26 schrieb Bastien Guerry:
>> Migrating to a new vultr instance was easier than trying to upgrade
>> the rackspace hosting service and the vultr pricing is better.
>
> It's water under the bridge now, but if there had been a discussion
> here we might have converged to a different solution.

Yes, I should have raised the issue on the list to see if people would
come up with preferrable solutions, apologies for that.

But I had very little time and the clock was ticking.

Since I wasn't sure I could follow a potentially long discussion with
many suggestions, and since the solution I envisioned does not impact
regular users, I thought it was best to *just do it*.

Nothing is irreversible, my time is gone anyway.

So if you want to open a discussion on better hosting plans and if you
or someone else is willing to handle the migration and to maintain the
server afterwards, we can of course discuss this.

@ 2017-12-30 21:50         ` Allen Li
From: Allen Li @ 2017-12-30 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Achim Gratz, emacs-orgmode

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 3:57 AM, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hi Achim,
>
> Achim Gratz <Stromeko@Nexgo.DE> writes:
>
>> Am 29.12.2017 um 13:26 schrieb Bastien Guerry:
>>> Migrating to a new vultr instance was easier than trying to upgrade
>>> the rackspace hosting service and the vultr pricing is better.
>>
>> It's water under the bridge now, but if there had been a discussion
>> here we might have converged to a different solution.
>
> Yes, I should have raised the issue on the list to see if people would
> come up with preferrable solutions, apologies for that.
>
> But I had very little time and the clock was ticking.
>
> Since I wasn't sure I could follow a potentially long discussion with
> many suggestions, and since the solution I envisioned does not impact
> regular users, I thought it was best to *just do it*.
>
> Nothing is irreversible, my time is gone anyway.
>
> So if you want to open a discussion on better hosting plans and if you
> or someone else is willing to handle the migration and to maintain the
> server afterwards, we can of course discuss this.

It sounds like we already have a solution, so I don't suggest anyone
spend more time on this since I am sure there are lots of bugs that
would be worth fixing.

I don’t want to blame anyone, just to clarify the state of affairs.  It
looks like Rackspace failed to communicate properly and on short notice.
People simply make mistakes, including myself, so I don’t think pointing
fingers is productive.

* Re: [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositories before 31/12/2017
@ 2017-12-31  8:53         ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-12-31  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am 30.12.2017 um 12:57 schrieb Bastien:
> So if you want to open a discussion on better hosting plans and if you
> or someone else is willing to handle the migration and to maintain the
> server afterwards, we can of course discuss this.

As I said, the decision's done, so let's see how things work out.  If
there are problems we need to figure it out anyway and if there aren't,
then I suggest we'll just keep it going.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)

* Re: [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositories before 31/12/2017
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-01-04 14:19 ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2018-01-04 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien Guerry; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 12:13 PM Bastien Guerry <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

> After 31/12/2017 (leaving a 24h window for DNS propagation), the only
> way to clone the Org git repository will be through our Gogs instance:
>
>   https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode

This is great! Thanks!

Cursorily looking, I found few places that still reference to the old
cloning URL: https://orgmode.org/manual/Installation.html (both in
doc/org.texi in maint and in contrib/manual.org in master), and also here:
https://orgmode.org/elpa.html.

Also, should all the http://orgmode.org URLs in the manuals be now replaced
with https://orgmode.org?

--

Kaushal Modi

* Re: [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositories before 31/12/2017
@ 2018-01-04 15:36   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-01-04 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: Bastien Guerry, emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 12:13 PM Bastien Guerry <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> After 31/12/2017 (leaving a 24h window for DNS propagation), the only
>> way to clone the Org git repository will be through our Gogs instance:
>>
>>   https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode
>>

> This is great! Thanks!
>
> Cursorily looking, I found few places that still reference to the old
> cloning URL: https://orgmode.org/manual/Installation.html (both in
> doc/org.texi in maint and in contrib/manual.org in master), and also here:
> https://orgmode.org/elpa.html.

Fixed.

> Also, should all the http://orgmode.org URLs in the manuals be now replaced
> with https://orgmode.org?

Yes, I just did the replacement.

Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositories before 31/12/2017
@ 2018-01-04 16:05     ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2018-01-04 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Bastien Guerry, emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 10:36 AM Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr>
wrote:

> > Cursorily looking, I found few places that still reference to the old
> > cloning URL: https://orgmode.org/manual/Installation.html (both in
> > doc/org.texi in maint and in contrib/manual.org in master), and also
> here:
> > https://orgmode.org/elpa.html.
>
> Fixed.

Thanks! I see the the http->https replacements happened.. but the "git
clone" is still the old one.

It still shows

    git clone git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git

I meant to say that that should be now replaced with one of the two below:

git clone git@code.orgmode.org:bzg/org-mode.git

git clone https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git

in the texi/Org manuals in maint/master.

--

Kaushal Modi

* Re: [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositories before 31/12/2017
@ 2018-01-04 18:11   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2018-01-04 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien Guerry writes:
>> ~$ git clone git@code.orgmode.org:bzg/org-mode.git
>                ^^^
>
> This is for when you have an account on code.orgmode.org and want
> to clone through ssh.

Have the existing SSH keys been migrated to the new server?  Trying to
clone through this method keeps asking me for a password.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld:

* Re: [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositories before 31/12/2017
@ 2018-01-04 18:12       ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-01-04 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: Bastien Guerry, emacs-orgmode

Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks! I see the the http->https replacements happened.. but the "git
> clone" is still the old one.
>
> It still shows
>
>     git clone git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git
>
> I meant to say that that should be now replaced with one of the two below:
>
> git clone git@code.orgmode.org:bzg/org-mode.git
>
> git clone https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git
>
> in the texi/Org manuals in maint/master.

Oops. Fixed. Thank you.

* Re: [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositories before 31/12/2017
@ 2018-01-04 18:44     ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2018-01-04 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 1:16 PM Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> wrote:

> Bastien Guerry writes:
> >> ~$ git clone git@code.orgmode.org:bzg/org-mode.git
> >                ^^^
> >
> > This is for when you have an account on code.orgmode.org and want
> > to clone through ssh.
>
> Have the existing SSH keys been migrated to the new server?  Trying to
> clone through this method keeps asking me for a password.

No, the keys didn't transfer. As Bastien mentioned in the original email,
you need to create an account on code.orgmode.org first (pasted the
instructions below):

For Org and Worg COMMITTERS
============================

You will need to create a new user on https://code.orgmode.org in
order to push commits to org-mode.git or worg.git:

1. Create a user on https://code.orgmode.org
2. Add your ssh public key
3. Send me an email to be added as a collaborator on Org/Worg

BTW @Nicolas, Bastien: Do these instructions need to go somewhere in the
Org manual too, or Worg? (and as I was framing this question, found that
the Worg also needs to be updated.. it still refers to the old clone URL:
https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/index.html

--

Kaushal Modi

* Re: [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositories before 31/12/2017
@ 2018-01-04 18:50       ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-01-04 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: Achim Gratz, emacs-orgmode

Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:

>> >                ^^^
>> >
>> > This is for when you have an account on code.orgmode.org and want
>> > to clone through ssh.
>>
>> Have the existing SSH keys been migrated to the new server?  Trying to
>> clone through this method keeps asking me for a password.
>>

> No, the keys didn't transfer. As Bastien mentioned in the original email,
> you need to create an account on code.orgmode.org first (pasted the
> instructions below):
>
> For Org and Worg COMMITTERS
> ============================
>
> You will need to create a new user on https://code.orgmode.org in
> order to push commits to org-mode.git or worg.git:
>
> 1. Create a user on https://code.orgmode.org
> 2. Add your ssh public key
> 3. Send me an email to be added as a collaborator on Org/Worg
>
> BTW @Nicolas, Bastien: Do these instructions need to go somewhere in the
> Org manual too, or Worg?

I don't think it should go into the manual. However, there is
README_contribute which explains this already.

I'm going to change the command in the manual to the read-only:

  git clone https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git

> (and as I was framing this question, found that
> the Worg also needs to be updated.. it still refers to the old clone URL:
> https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/index.html

Worg needs some love, indeed. Worgers, where art thou? :)

* Re: [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositories before 31/12/2017
@ 2018-01-04 18:52         ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2018-01-04 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Achim Gratz, emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 1:50 PM Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr>
wrote:

> I'm going to change the command in the manual to the read-only:
>
>   git clone https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git

+1

> (and as I was framing this question, found that
> > the Worg also needs to be updated.. it still refers to the old clone URL:
> > https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/index.html
>
> Worg needs some love, indeed. Worgers, where art thou? :)

I'll fix Worg tonight if no one else has done that by then :)

--

Kaushal Modi

* Re: [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositories before 31/12/2017
@ 2018-01-04 19:21       ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2018-01-04 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Kaushal Modi writes:
> No, the keys didn't transfer. As Bastien mentioned in the original email,
> you need to create an account on code.orgmode.org first (pasted the
> instructions below):

I've seen that, but I was asking firstly about the clone operation.  In
this case, the website shouldn't advertise

git@code.orgmode.org:bzg/org-mode.git

as a possible clone URL at all when no user is signed in.

Also, I really don't want to create yet another account, the SSH key
should be enough (as it was before).  Then of course the whole
"Register/Sign In" as well as Issues, Pull Requests and Wiki on the
website shouldn't be there either.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld:

* Re: [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositories before 31/12/2017
@ 2018-01-05 17:31           ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2018-01-05 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Achim Gratz, emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 1:52 PM Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll fix Worg tonight if no one else has done that by then :)

Phew! Done in [1], [2] and [3].

Now the only things pending fixing are:

1. Commit search links like these (1700+) in worg/doc.org

ag --nogroup --line-number --column --color --color-match 30\;43
--color-path 1\;32 --nogroup --skip-vcs-ignores --numbers --smart-case
--follow --ignore \#\*\# --stats -- orgmode.org/w/ .
doc.org:44:13:- [[
https://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=org-checkbox-statistics-hook&sr=1][Find
modifications in git logs]]
doc.org:57:13:- [[
https://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=org-todo-setup-filter-hook&sr=1][Find
modifications in git logs]]
doc.org:68:13:- [[
https://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=org-timer-continue-hook&sr=1][Find
modifications in git logs]]
doc.org:77:13:- [[
https://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=org-clock-in-hook&sr=1][Find
modifications in git logs]]
doc.org:86:13:- [[
https://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=org-clock-before-select-task-hook&sr=1][Find
modifications in git logs]]
doc.org:95:13:- [[
https://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=org-property-allowed-value-functions&sr=1][Find
modifications in git logs]]
doc.org:110:13:- [[
https://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=org-after-todo-state-change-hook&sr=1][Find
modifications in git logs]]

2. Git repos directly under orgmode.org as mentioned in
worg/org-contrib/gsoc2012/student-projects. @Bastien: Do you know where
those git repos now live? For now, I have marked them as TODO's:
https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/worg/commit/d4005f04f66bc0ed148212e104b571bed5573516#diff-ab154bcc2783f79b789825d4b9a2b5d63d4bcd5R17

As a plus of this repo move, I don't need to jump to hoops to commit my
stuff as committing via https just works, yay! (git: is blocked on my
regular machine, so earlier had to commit via https to gitlab, pull that on
phone, and commit to Org/Worg repo via git: using my phone :P) :D

[1]:
https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/worg/commit/f6299f7e9a58a032c8474a5e552f6536202b2b29
[2]:
https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/worg/commit/503c34f0a16e504ddad54f4d265f92eb0ac9213f
[3]:
https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/worg/commit/d4005f04f66bc0ed148212e104b571bed5573516

--

Kaushal Modi

* Probably broke the Worg build? (Was: Re: [IMPORTANT] Server migration..)
@ 2018-01-05 17:47             ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2018-01-05 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou, Bastien Guerry; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Looks like my recent commits broke the Worg build? Is the Worg build log
available publicly so that I can look at the errors and possibly fix this?

My changes involved basically replaced non-working links with working
links.. so not sure how that could have broken this..

The last commit on Worg master was about 25 minutes back, but the changes
are not yet live on the site.

--

Kaushal Modi

* Re: Probably broke the Worg build?
@ 2018-01-06  1:54               ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2018-01-06  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Nicolas Goaziou

Hi Kaushal,

I republished Worg manually and things went fine.  But I had to kill
a stuck process before running this new one.  I'll try to understand
what happened when I have more time at end.

Thanks for the fixes!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Probably broke the Worg build?
@ 2018-01-06  2:05                 ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2018-01-06  2:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Nicolas Goaziou

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 8:55 PM Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi Kaushal,
>
> I republished Worg manually and things went fine.  But I had to kill
> a stuck process before running this new one.  I'll try to understand
> what happened when I have more time at end.

Thanks! I just pushed one more commit (
https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/worg/commit/4feac9160363279653a3d19cf68619e6a9c02fee
).. let's see if that freezes up the build again. I am using https to push
the commits. That shouldn't matter, right? Because the commits do end up
showing fine on code.orgmode.org.

Thanks for the fixes!

My pleasure.

--