Hi, Welcome to Org mode community. You will need to add your org file to agenda_files (org->file list for agenda->add/move current file...). If you want to learn more about basic concepts, it may be also a good idea to watch Rainer König's org mode tutorial series (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQS06Qjnkcc&list=PLVtKhBrRV_ZkPnBtt_TD1Cs9PJlU0IIdE). P.S. I recommend you to familiarize yourself with key bindings. Using menu is very too much slower. Regards, Ihor "M. P." writes: > I know this is basic but I am having difficulty getting TODO states to work. In ORG I select new heading than TODO from the menu but I don’t understand how to save this so that it works with things like agenda view? -- Ihor Radchenko, PhD Student Singapore University of Technology and Design, 8 Somapah Road Singapore 487372 Email: yantar92@gmail.com, ihor_radchenko@mymail.sutd.edu.sg Tel: +6584017977