* org-fontify-done-headline t by default?
@ 2021-01-22 19:34 TRS-80
From: TRS-80 @ 2021-01-22 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello *,

I finally got around to upgrading Emacs (and Orgmode) the last couple
days.  Therefore apologies if this has been discussed previously.  A
brief search of the list did not turn up any results.

Anyway, imagine my shock when many of my headlines suddenly turned
LightSalmon!

Now, this only took me few minutes of digging to figure out.  However I
am pretty handy with Emacs and Elisp by now.  What about some poor
newbie that barely knows their way around an init file?

The change was so jarring, and in total contravention of my (otherwise)
nice looking Nord theme.  Something like that might have put me off from
Orgmode /completely/ if I did not know how to quickly fix it.

For all of above reasons (and probably some others, too!), I do not
think this should be the default!

Please discuss.

Cheers,
TRS-80

* Re: org-fontify-done-headline t by default?
@ 2021-01-22 20:45 ` Kévin Le Gouguec
From: Kévin Le Gouguec @ 2021-01-22 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

TRS-80 <lists.trs-80@isnotmyreal.name> writes:

> The change was so jarring, and in total contravention of my (otherwise)
> nice looking Nord theme.  Something like that might have put me off from
> Orgmode /completely/ if I did not know how to quickly fix it.
>
> For all of above reasons (and probably some others, too!), I do not
> think this should be the default!

I don't have a strong opinion about org-fontify-done-headline being t by
default (though I disable it), but I agree that the current definition
of org-headline-done is jarring with most of the themes out there.

Maybe it would make sense to make it inherit from one of Emacs's core
faces (e.g. shadow): that would pretty much guarantee that themes would
cover it, so it would stand out less.

* Re: org-fontify-done-headline t by default?
@ 2021-04-28  3:46   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2021-04-28  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kévin Le Gouguec; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Kévin Le Gouguec <kevin.legouguec@gmail.com> writes:

> I don't have a strong opinion about org-fontify-done-headline being t by
> default (though I disable it), but I agree that the current definition
> of org-headline-done is jarring with most of the themes out there.

Agreed too.

> Maybe it would make sense to make it inherit from one of Emacs's core
> faces (e.g. shadow): that would pretty much guarantee that themes would
> cover it, so it would stand out less.

Agreed here again, I would welcome a patch to enhance this.

Anyone?