From: Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Highlighting and Background Colour for Source Code
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 14:50:44 +1000	[thread overview]

Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> writes:

> Currently currently handles the highlighting of programming languages through
> "Code Blocks".  Could org-mode have the capability of highlighting a whole buffer
> with a particular language highlight typeface.

Sorry, I don't quite understand what exactly your asking for?

> I have also seen that within code blocks, the background is uses a colour that is
> different from the background colour of the buffer.  Is there a capability that
> the code block background is set to the buffer background colour.

I think more often than not, this is determined by the Emacs colour
theme your using. I've noticed that some themes colour src block
backgrounds differently from the rest of the buffer background and some
don't. I noticed this because I do like src blocks to have a different
background and some of the themes I like fail to do this, so I had to
customize them.

You can try customizing your theme. Have a look at

M-x list-colors-display

to see a list of all the faces being used. Look for ones with your theme
name or a name which looks like it might be the background face for src
blocks (you can also see the colours and look for that. Once you have
made the changes, look at

M-x customize-theme

and save your changes as a new customized theme.

--
Tim Cross