* Some question on How to handle date, recursive events
@ 2022-10-11  8:21 Renato Pontefice
From: Renato Pontefice @ 2022-10-11  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
I’m building my own calendar. I try to check:
1 - retry a thing until it is not done
2 - recursive events (each week, every first Friday of month…)

i.e.
1)
** TODO call Paul < 2022 10 05 10:30  +1d>
In this example I’ve created an Agenda view that remember me to call Paul every day, at 10:30 each day until Paul answer me. Then I would set it as DONE.Today Paul has answers me, but if I try to set it as DONE (Shift - right arrow) it does not cycle to DONE state. I’ve  thought that is the + 1d that block me to set as DONE. I’ve removed it and now it goes as DONE. But the entry still appear on next days as DONE. Why it does not erase it self from Agenda view? Is it possible? Or not?

2)
Is the a way to set recursive events like “the firs Friday of the month” or each Tuesday of the month, not date-related (I mean: with +1 w I add the event the days x +7 days. Isn’t it?

I hope I have been clear.

Renato

* Re: Some question on How to handle date, recursive events
@ 2022-10-12  9:39 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-10-12  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Renato Pontefice; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Renato Pontefice <renato.pontefice@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I’m building my own calendar. I try to check:
> 1 - retry a thing until it is not done
> 2 - recursive events (each week, every first Friday of month…)
>

> i.e.
> 1)
> ** TODO call Paul < 2022 10 05 10:30  +1d>
> In this example I’ve created an Agenda view that remember me to call Paul every day, at 10:30 each day until Paul answer me. Then I would set it as DONE.Today Paul has answers me, but if I try to set it as DONE (Shift - right arrow) it does not cycle to DONE state. I’ve  thought that is the + 1d that block me to set as DONE. I’ve removed it and now it goes as DONE. But the entry still appear on next days as DONE. Why it does not erase it self from Agenda view? Is it possible? Or not?

1. You can run C-u -1 C-c C-t to inhibit the repeater (see org-todo
docstring; C-h f org-todo <RET>)
2. Check out org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done

See diary-style timestamps in https://orgmode.org/manual/Timestamps.html

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,