Hi Vikas, > I think, from a linguistic perspective, “heading” and “subheading” are more > appropriate than “headline” and “subheadline”. Unfortunately I’m completely with you (and previous comments here). The meaning of “headline” is closer to “title” than “heading”. A document can have multiple headings but only a single headline (which is specifically the line at the top, e.g. “Newspaper headline”). As Ihor points out though, from a compat perspective, a change to “heading” may be intractable. This gives me rather mixed feelings, as I’m of a similar mind regarding the org-element headline->heading change being too problematic, but settling on the less accurate term seems quite undesirable too, and doesn’t sit well with me. All the best, Timothy -- Timothy (‘tecosaur’/‘TEC’), Org mode contributor. Learn more about Org mode at . Support Org development at , or support my work at .