Max Nikulin writes: >> [previous object ] > > Yes, you do. > > I expected some complications due to newline characters (not line break > markup objects), but they are not included in :post-blank and > represented as "\n" string objects. Newlines are tricky. They may or may not be significant. For example, in CJK paragraphs, newlines are to be stripped. I think that a reasonable thing to do could be not adding newlines if the previous object is a plain string ending with a newline. > Actually there is an issue with newline characters and ox-latex. > Stripping footnotes splits single paragraphs into 2 ones: > > ---- >8 ---- > #+options: f:nil > First > [fn::foot] > Second > ---- 8< ---- > > So newlines should be handled somehow. Earlier I faced a similar issue with > @@comment:export snippets@@ > and ox-latex. This is latex-specific. See the attached tentative fix.