David Masterson writes: > Ihor Radchenko writes: > >> May you please re-create the patch for the current main? > > Ok. See below. Thanks! See the attached final draft. I amended removals of cindex entries in the manual - redundancy will not hurt here (for better searchability). I also slightly adjusted the wording and fixed list indentation in one of description list items. Finally, I detailed all the changes in the commit message and added TINYCHANGE cookie. Let me know if you are ok with this version. Please note that with this patch your total contribution is approaching non-trivial 15LOC. Further patches will require FSF copyright assignment. > Minor question -- I've used Ediff in the past, but I now see diff-mode > in Emacs. I get the idea of it (I think I used an early version of it > in the deep past), but wonder if I am seeing a bug in it. In the diff > file below, there is a few mentions of "=--=" in separating timestamps > in a date/time range. When I view the diff file in Diff mode, a couple > on those strings show up and a couple do not. I had to check the file > with 'less' to make sure the diff file was intact. Switching from > unified to context view didn't change this. > > Am I missing an option in diff mode or is this a bug around handling > this particular string? I suspect that it is greedy fontification. =--= is a part of diff syntax, AFAIK. May report is as a bug to Emacs.