On Sat, Jan 20 2024, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Ihor Radchenko writes: > >> Leo Butler writes: >> >>> The following Org document shows a bug in the beamer exporter. >> >> Confirmed on main. > > I investigated further. Thanks. > >> There are two bugs reported here: >> 1. ox-latex export bug for src blocks containing direct LaTeX when >> org-latex-src-block-backend is set to its default 'verbatim value > > This appears to be Beamer-specific problem with verbatim environments: > https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/140719/verbatim-in-beamer-showing-error-file-ended-while-scanning-use-of-xverbatim > > The solution might be to use [fragile] frame parameter, but that might > have its own drawbacks: > https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/136240/drawbacks-of-using-fragile-frames-in-beamer Yes, an *automatic* solution may create more problems than it solves. Although, I do note that ox-beamer does mark some frames as fragile already. I wonder how difficult it would be to add a property drawer to frames, so (amongst other things), they could be marked fragile? > >> 2. ox-beamer export bug as described in the attached org file > > This is not a bug. When you specify ignoreheading environment, you imply > that the contents of the heading is to be included as is. > If you want the contents to become a column, you should specify column > environment. I see. That is not now the ignoreheading property is described. It says [1]: ... As the text in the slide says, the left column is a list and the right one is an image. The left column's headline text is ignored, specified by =C-c C-b i= which tells org to *ignore* the headline text completely. I think the documentation and example needs to be corrected. I have attached a patch. I have also attached a revision of the original org file with the bug report, and its export to pdf to demonstrate that the revised example works as intended. Best, Leo [1] worg/exporters/beamer/tutorial.org