* Parameterized custom agenda views
@ 2009-09-28  0:01 Desmond Rivet
From: Desmond Rivet @ 2009-09-28  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

Is it possible to write a custom agenda view where part of the query is
written, but the user has to supply the rest?

For example, I have a piece in my org-agenda-custom-commands variable
that looks like this:

("p" "All Projects" tags-todo "+project")

This means I want to see all TODO items with the project tag.  What if I
wanted to supply an additional tag (over and above the project tag), but
I didn't know it ahead of time?  Is there a way to get orgmode to prompt
me for the tag?

Thanks in advance,

--
Desmond Rivet

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

* Re: Parameterized custom agenda views
@ 2009-09-28 13:52 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-09-28 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Desmond Rivet; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Desmond Rivet <desmond_news@videotron.ca> writes:

> Is it possible to write a custom agenda view where part of the query is
> written, but the user has to supply the rest?

Not that I'm aware of.

> For example, I have a piece in my org-agenda-custom-commands variable
> that looks like this:
>
> ("p" "All Projects" tags-todo "+project")
>
> This means I want to see all TODO items with the project tag.  What if I
> wanted to supply an additional tag (over and above the project tag), but
> I didn't know it ahead of time?  Is there a way to get orgmode to prompt
> me for the tag?

I would use agenda tag filtering for this.  Do you C-c a p display and
then limit the result to some other tag with / TAB <tag> or /
<fast-tag-selection-key>

-Bernt

* Re: Re: Parameterized custom agenda views
@ 2009-09-28 19:57   ` Desmond Rivet
From: Desmond Rivet @ 2009-09-28 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

>> For example, I have a piece in my org-agenda-custom-commands variable
>> that looks like this:
>>
>> ("p" "All Projects" tags-todo "+project")
>>
>> This means I want to see all TODO items with the project tag.  What if I
>> wanted to supply an additional tag (over and above the project tag), but
>> I didn't know it ahead of time?  Is there a way to get orgmode to prompt
>> me for the tag?
>
> I would use agenda tag filtering for this.  Do you C-c a p display and
> then limit the result to some other tag with / TAB <tag> or /
> <fast-tag-selection-key>

Oh, nifty!  I think that might work fine, thanks.