From: Ben Finney <ben+emacs@benfinney.id.au>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: How to combine the analogue (Moleskine) world with	digital (org-mode) world ?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:41:53 +1100	[thread overview]

Torsten Wagner <torsten.wagner@gmail.com> writes:

> > I have a similar experience to you. I run org-mode on my office
> > computer and home computer and synchronise the files via USB drive
> > and Python backup script.
>
> If you have access to a sever... try to use git.

Any distributed version control system (DVCS) will do the job here, so
I'd recommend to choose one that is easy to learn and use. For that
purpose I'd recommend Bazaar <URL:http://bazaar-vcs.org/>.

The Emacs ‘vc’ mode works correctly with Bazaar repositories (as well as
others, I believe).

Of course, if you're *already* familiar and happy with a DVCS, use that.

> > My other idea capture and note taking tool are 3 x 5 inch system
> > cards. I cut up scrap paper into this size and keep several handy in
> > my shirt pocket and a pencil. I can jot down notes any time and
> > transfer what is important when I am back at the computer.
>
> I tried this but always messed up with lost cards, messed up cards,
> etc. Thus I was looking for a more "stable" version.

I keep my 3×5in cards in a specialied wallet, which I found advertised
for the purpose of holding a portable hard drive and a screwdriver
(presumably for computer professionals to carry a diagnostic and repair
kit). The dimensions were perfect for a stack of cards and a comfortable
pen, so I bought it on that basis and have been very happy with it for
several years of constant use.

--
 \         “Faith may be defined briefly as an illogical belief in the |
  `\                  occurrence of the improbable.” —Henry L. Mencken |