On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 23:26:29 -0700, "Philip J. Hollenback" wrote: > > I've got a basic org-mode 7.01h + beamer setup working and am able to > create and export presentations. However I am completely unable to > create presentations with blocks in them. I've followed the examples on > the website such as http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer.php > with no success. > > When I try to write a presentation with blocks, I find that instead of > blocks I end up with nested lists in the frames. The LaTeX output shows > no \block structures. > > Can anyone suggest what in my setup might be preventing blocks from > working? I'm really baffled at this point. > > Thanks, > P. What have you defined in your org setup at the start of the tile. In particular, this line in the example presentation on Worg is crucial: #+OPTIONS: H:3 num:t toc:t \n:nil @:t ::t |:t ^:t -:t f:t *:t <:t specifically the H:3 bit that tells org to use up to 3 levels of headings or else level headlines get treated like lists, as far as I remember. In any case, can you send me an example that doesn't work that I can try?