* [BUG] .dir-locals.el broken links on cygwin
@ 2011-01-10 22:36 Vladimir Alexiev
From: Vladimir Alexiev @ 2011-01-10 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Some of the .dir-locals.el files in the distribution are
symbolic links to another.
On cygwin they come out as LNK files.
Emacs tries to load such LNK file and fails.
I had to remove these files to be able to edit orgmode elisp files.

Perhaps there is a way to make emacs on cygwin interpret LNK as links,
then it should be mentioned in the installation instructions.

Otherwise (and I think better), the build process could copy .dir-locals.el
from the master dir to the slave dirs

* Re: [BUG] .dir-locals.el broken links on cygwin
@ 2011-01-11  8:47 ` Vladimir Alexiev
From: Vladimir Alexiev @ 2011-01-11  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Some of the .dir-locals.el files in the distribution are
> symbolic links to another. On cygwin they come out as LNK files.

The error I get is
Directory-local variables error: (wrong-type-argument listp !<symlink>  \.)

* Re: [BUG] .dir-locals.el broken links on cygwin
@ 2011-01-11 11:12   ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-01-11 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Alexiev; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Vladimir Alexiev <vladimir@sirma.bg> writes:

>> Some of the .dir-locals.el files in the distribution are
>> symbolic links to another. On cygwin they come out as LNK files.
>
> The error I get is
> Directory-local variables error: (wrong-type-argument listp !<symlink>
> \.)

(Resent)

I find the symlink very problematic. I normally copy the contents of
.dir-settings.el' to .dir-locals.el.

Another troubled soul,
Jambunathan K.

From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-01-11 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Alexiev; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Vladimir Alexiev <vladimir@sirma.bg> writes:

>> Some of the .dir-locals.el files in the distribution are
>> symbolic links to another. On cygwin they come out as LNK files.
>
> The error I get is
> Directory-local variables error: (wrong-type-argument listp !<symlink>  \.)

I find the symlink very problematic. I normally copy the contents of
.dir-settings.el' to .dir-locals.el.

Another troubled soul,
Jambunathan K.

* Re: Re: [BUG] .dir-locals.el broken links on cygwin
@ 2011-01-15 11:45     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-01-15 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Vladimir Alexiev

Hi Vladimir and Jambunathan,

> Vladimir Alexiev <vladimir@sirma.bg> writes:
>
>>> Some of the .dir-locals.el files in the distribution are
>>> symbolic links to another. On cygwin they come out as LNK files.
>>
>> The error I get is
>> Directory-local variables error: (wrong-type-argument listp !<symlink>  \.)
>
> I find the symlink very problematic. I normally copy the contents of
> .dir-settings.el' to .dir-locals.el.

.dir-locals.el is now a copy of .dir-settings.el, which should prevent
this problem.

 Bastien