* headlines in HTML
@ 2011-01-23 21:30 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2011-01-23 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I use HTML for Blogger.  My org headers rely on H levels.
One of my posts actually has 4 levels of org hierarchy,
including title.

You might laugh at that much hierarchy, but most of you are
nerds, so I hope you understand.  :) Posts sometimes
naturally have that much hierarchy and it feels silly to
remove cues.

Browsers don't distinguish the headline levels enough, in my
experience.

I have a lot of headlines so that the reader doesn't get
lost in the middle of a wall of text.  Some of my audience
is very, very intelligent and has cognitive issues like
short-term memory, concentration, etc.

Therefore, hierarchy is both useful and necessary to distinguish clearly.

===

I could use "-----" for the lowest level, just as I used
"===" above, but I don't think that was meant for the lowest
level, as it extends to the entire width.  Also, it seems
nicer to have a label to orient the reader in a lot of
cases.

Something to take the place of my plain text "===" would be
very useful, but probably not sufficient.  I realize I can
do something like centering a string like "---".

Bullet lists would be silly in this case, as it's just
normal text and the reader will wonder why some things are
indented and others not.

I don't want to go to numbered sections.

===

Maybe we could somehow skip H levels, so it goes H3 for
title, then H5, H7, H9.  But browsers might not understand
such low level headlines.

Maybe I could have other attributes to set, like centering
and large non-bold, for specific levels.  So, say, top is
large bold centered, then large non-bold centered, then
smaller bold, then smaller non-bold.

Can things like that be done in org?

I don't know if CSS is possible or easy in Blogger,
especially for specific posts.

Maybe some of you have ideas.

Thanks.

Samuel

I support WPI: http://www.wpinstitute.org/xmrv/index.html -- PLEASE DONATE
===
I want to see the original (pre-hold) Lo et al. 2010 NIH/FDA/Harvard MLV paper.