* Using HTML export variables in subtrees
@ 2011-02-06 23:51 Jeff Horn
From: Jeff Horn @ 2011-02-06 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode ml

Is there a way to turn off the automatic post-amble for HTML export
without adding a publishing project? I am making extensive use of
subtree exporting, and I'd like to turn off the automatic postamble
for some some of these subtrees.

Adding a file local variable didn't work (I suspect) because the
variables are used by publishing functions and those functions are
looking somewhere else. In any case, `org-export-html-auto-postamble`
doesn't seem exposed to user customization.

--
Jeffrey Horn
http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/

* Re: Using HTML export variables in subtrees
@ 2011-02-07  0:13 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-07  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Horn; +Cc: Org-mode ml

Jeff Horn <jrhorn424@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a way to turn off the automatic post-amble for HTML export
> without adding a publishing project?

Does `org-export-html-postamble' helps?

,----
`----

--
 Bastien

* Re: Using HTML export variables in subtrees
@ 2011-02-07  1:59   ` Jeff Horn
From: Jeff Horn @ 2011-02-07  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org-mode ml

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Bastien <bastien.guerry@wikimedia.fr> wrote:
>> Is there a way to turn off the automatic post-amble for HTML export
>> without adding a publishing project?
>
> Does `org-export-html-postamble' helps?
>
> ,----
> | Postamble, to be inserted just before </body>.  Set by publishing
> | functions.  This may also be a function, building and inserting the
> | postamble.
> `----

Thanks, Bastien. I ended up BINDing the variable to nil in the file.
This is fine for a file-level change, but I was hoping for something
that could be used in the subtree. But, for now I have a workaround.

One thing that isn't clear to me: is it OK to set these in
initialization files? They do not have customization entries, and are
usually controlled through org-publish projects.

--

@ 2011-02-10 14:39     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-10 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Horn; +Cc: Org-mode ml

Hi Jeff,

Jeff Horn <jrhorn424@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks, Bastien. I ended up BINDing the variable to nil in the file.
> This is fine for a file-level change, but I was hoping for something
> that could be used in the subtree. But, for now I have a workaround.
>
> One thing that isn't clear to me: is it OK to set these in
> initialization files? They do not have customization entries, and are
> usually controlled through org-publish projects.

See my last email about rewriting the handling of :preamble etc.

Let me know if you find this approach more appropriate.

--
 Bastien