* Agenda clock report - show currently clocked task?
@ 2011-04-26 19:29 Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2011-04-26 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Does the clock report in the agenda exclude time spent in the
currently clocked task?

Is there a way to turn this on?

For example, I have 3 hours clocked in Task1, and I'm clocked into Task2
for 1 hour:  My clock report in the agenda only shows the 3 hours in Task1.

If I clock-out and refresh the agenda, then the clock report shows
Task1 and Task2.

Thanks,
--Nate

* Re: Agenda clock report - show currently clocked task?
@ 2011-04-26 19:56 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2011-04-26 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Neff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nathan Neff <nathan.neff@gmail.com> writes:

> Does the clock report in the agenda exclude time spent in the
> currently clocked task?
>
> Is there a way to turn this on?

org-clock-report-include-clocking-task

-Bernt

@ 2011-04-27 10:11   ` Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2011-04-27 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Bernt,

Bernt Hansen wrote:
> Nathan Neff <nathan.neff-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:
>> Does the clock report in the agenda exclude time spent in the currently
>> clocked task?
>>
>> Is there a way to turn this on?
>
> org-clock-report-include-clocking-task

Don't you find that, when set, the current elapsed time should also be
inserted in the "logged" view of the agenda for today -- instead of the dash
sign?

Example with current Org Git version:

2011-04-27 Wed ______________________________________________________
  Weather:     6:21...... Sunrise (+0200)
               8:00......
  Work:        9:08- 9:27 Clocked:   (0:19) TODO Organize work
  work:        9:27-11:42 Clocked:   (2:15) TODO Read email and news
              10:00......
  Work:       11:42...... Clocked:   (-) TODO Organize work
              12:00......
              12:06...... now
              14:00......

It'd logical to see 0:24 instead (elapsed time between 11:42 and "now", here
12:06)?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: Agenda clock report - show currently clocked task?
@ 2011-04-27 20:29     ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2011-04-27 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Sébastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf-geNee64TY+gS+FvcfC7Uqw@public.gmane.org>
writes:

> Hi Bernt,
>
> Bernt Hansen wrote:
>> Nathan Neff <nathan.neff-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:
>>> Does the clock report in the agenda exclude time spent in the currently
>>> clocked task?
>>>
>>> Is there a way to turn this on?
>>
>> org-clock-report-include-clocking-task
>
> Don't you find that, when set, the current elapsed time should also be
> inserted in the "logged" view of the agenda for today -- instead of the dash
> sign?
>
> Example with current Org Git version:
>
> 2011-04-27 Wed ______________________________________________________
>   Weather:     6:21...... Sunrise (+0200)
>                8:00......
>   Work:        9:08- 9:27 Clocked:   (0:19) TODO Organize work
>   work:        9:27-11:42 Clocked:   (2:15) TODO Read email and news
>               10:00......
>   Work:       11:42...... Clocked:   (-) TODO Organize work
>               12:00......
>               12:06...... now
>               14:00......
>
> It'd logical to see 0:24 instead (elapsed time between 11:42 and "now", here
> 12:06)?

Yes that's logical but... I didn't need that functionality when I
created this variable so I intentionally limited it to just the clock
report.

It would make perfect sense to me for this to also affect:

  - log mode in the agenda (as you described)
  - C-c C-x C-d to sum up clock times for trees in org files

This was never implemented mainly because R in the agenda is what I
wanted to work at the time and it has never been revisited.  I'm sure
these types of changes would be welcome, it just isn't high enough of my
radar currently.

Regards,
Bernt

* Re: Agenda clock report - show currently clocked task?
@ 2011-05-09 23:41   ` Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2011-05-09 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks!