At Wed, 02 Nov 2011 19:28:52 -0400, Nick Dokos wrote: > > info@bastianebeling.org wrote: > > > > Hi All, > > > > > > I'm trying to set up MobileOrg to try it out, but I'm getting the > > > following error when I run org-mobile-push: > > > > > > byte-code: Invalid function: org-eval-in-environment > > > > > > Hi, > > > > I have the same problem and get the same error message. My only fix is > > to hit C-u C-c C-x r (reload Org uncompiled) before running > > org-mobile-push. I would be very interested in ideas for a real > > solution, too. > > > > org-eval-in-environment is a macro defined in org-macs.el and macros > sometimes cause problems with compiled code unless some care is taken. > With uncompiled code, you just have to make sure that the macro > definition is loaded, before you do the org-mobile-push: just add > > (require 'org-macs) > > after you load org in your .emacs (or wherever). > > Afaict, it is not called directly from org-mobile-push, but the agenda > code does call it (and does not require it), so maybe the solution is > that the (require 'org-macs) should be added to org-agenda.el; you might > try it and see whether it resolves the problem for you, but I'll let > David Maus or Achim Gratz or some other macro guru have the final word. In the past the invalid function error indicated an unclean source tree, thus a make clean && make should fix the error. A (require 'org-macs) should not be necessary because if the macro would not have been availabe in `org-agenda' the compiler would have complained. Best, -- David -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de