* library of babel call blocks not invoked on buffer/subtree execute
@ 2011-11-04 14:32 Frankel, Rick (CA-CIB)
From: Frankel, Rick (CA-CIB) @ 2011-11-04 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

There is a bug (?) with #+call block: They are not executed on export/
invocation of org-babel-execute buffer.

There are a couple of reasons for this:

   1. org-babel-src-block-regexp, used in org-babel-map-src-blocks
   	  does not match #+call.
   2. unlike org-babel-execute-maybe, which calls
      org-babel-lob-execute-maybe if org-babel-execute-src-block-maybe
      returns nil, org-babel-execute-buffer just calls
      org-babel-execute-src-block (there is no corresponding
      unconditional org-babel-lob-execute-src-block).

This seems to be an oversight.

tia,
rick

This message and any attachments are intended for the sole use of its addressee.
If you are not the addressee, please immediately notify the sender and then destroy the message.
As this message and/or any attachments may have been altered without our knowledge, its content is not legally binding on Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank.
All rights reserved.

Ce message et ses pièces jointes sont destinés à l'usage exclusif de leur destinataire.
Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en aviser immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire ensuite.
Le présent message pouvant être altéré à notre insu, Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank ne peut pas être engagé par son contenu.
Tous droits réservés.

* Re: library of babel call blocks not invoked on buffer/subtree execute
@ 2011-11-09 21:35 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-11-09 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frankel, Rick (CA-CIB); +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Frankel, Rick (CA-CIB)" <rick.frankel@ca-cib.com> writes:

> There is a bug (?) with #+call block: They are not executed on export/
> invocation of org-babel-execute buffer.
>
> There are a couple of reasons for this:
>
>    1. org-babel-src-block-regexp, used in org-babel-map-src-blocks
>    	  does not match #+call.
>    2. unlike org-babel-execute-maybe, which calls
>       org-babel-lob-execute-maybe if org-babel-execute-src-block-maybe
>       returns nil, org-babel-execute-buffer just calls
>       org-babel-execute-src-block (there is no corresponding
>       unconditional org-babel-lob-execute-src-block).
>
> This seems to be an oversight.

Hi Rick,

Indeed this is an oversight.  I've updated `org-babel-execute-buffer'
such that it will now execute call lines as well as code blocks.

Thanks for pointing this out -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/