* Symbol's function definition is void: org-write-agenda
@ 2012-01-10 11:13 Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2012-01-10 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

I am using Org-mode from git and do face a problem when using a
function that previously worked for a couple of weeks without any
problem:

Error-Message:
#+begin_verse
vk-export-agenda: Symbol's function definition is void: org-write-agenda
#+end_verse

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun vk-export-agenda()
  "Exports monthly Org-mode agenda to agenda.ics file"
  (interactive)
  (org-agenda-list nil nil 60)
  (org-write-agenda "~/share/all/org-mode/agenda.ics")
)
#+end_src

Do you have an idea, what might have changed?

Thanks!

--
Karl Voit

* Re: Symbol's function definition is void: org-write-agenda
@ 2012-01-10 11:45 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-01-10 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: news1142; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Karl,

Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:

> I am using Org-mode from git and do face a problem when using a
> function that previously worked for a couple of weeks without any
> problem:
>
> Error-Message:
> #+begin_verse
> vk-export-agenda: Symbol's function definition is void: org-write-agenda
> #+end_verse
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> (defun vk-export-agenda()
>   "Exports monthly Org-mode agenda to agenda.ics file"
>   (interactive)
>   (org-agenda-list nil nil 60)
>   (org-write-agenda "~/share/all/org-mode/agenda.ics")
> )
> #+end_src
>
> Do you have an idea, what might have changed?

`org-write-agenda' has been renamed to `org-agenda-write',
please update your code.

 Bastien

* Re: Symbol's function definition is void: org-write-agenda
@ 2012-01-10 12:04   ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2012-01-10 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
> Hi Karl,

Hi!

> Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:
>
>> vk-export-agenda: Symbol's function definition is void: org-write-agenda
>
> `org-write-agenda' has been renamed to `org-agenda-write',
> please update your code.

Thanks for the hint! Missed in in the change notes ...

--

@ 2012-01-10 12:17     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-01-10 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: news1142; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:

>> `org-write-agenda' has been renamed to `org-agenda-write',
>> please update your code.
>
> Thanks for the hint! Missed in in the change notes ...

You didn't miss anything -- this change is in current git HEAD,
which used not to be advertised in http://orgmode.org/Changes.html

I'm now publishing a new section in this page called "Current HEAD of
the git repository", it will expose such incompatible changes earlier.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Symbol's function definition is void: org-write-agenda
@ 2012-01-11 15:10       ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2012-01-11 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: news1142, emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:
>
>>> `org-write-agenda' has been renamed to `org-agenda-write',
>>> please update your code.
>>
>> Thanks for the hint! Missed in in the change notes ...
>
> You didn't miss anything -- this change is in current git HEAD,
> which used not to be advertised in http://orgmode.org/Changes.html
>
> I'm now publishing a new section in this page called "Current HEAD of
> the git repository", it will expose such incompatible changes earlier.
>
> Thanks!

Thanks Bastien.  This will be very useful!  I track org daily (via a
semi-automated synchronisation on my various computers) but don't
necessarily read the mailing list every day, as much as I would like to
;-)  Knowing that there is a reasonably up to date list of changes in
the development version would be very nice indeed.

Thanks again,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.90.1
: using Org-mode version 7.8.03 (release_7.8.03.76.ga9c15)