* open a source code
@ 2012-05-28 13:59 Petro
From: Petro @ 2012-05-28 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all.
If I open a python code using "C-c '", emacs window splits into two. One
with with python mode and another with org mode. How can I prevent
splitting and make python window full screen?
Thanks.
Petro.

* Re: open a source code
@ 2012-05-28 16:36 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2012-05-28 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petro; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Petro <khoroshyy@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all.
> If I open a python code using "C-c '", emacs window splits into two. One
> with with python mode and another with org mode. How can I prevent
> splitting and make python window full screen?
> Thanks.
> Petro.

Hi Petro,

Customize the `org-src-window-setup' variable to change this behavior.
The following should be close to what you're after.

  (setq org-src-window-setup 'current-window)

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

* Re: open a source code
@ 2012-05-28 17:06 ` Memnon Anon
From: Memnon Anon @ 2012-05-28 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Petro <khoroshyy@gmail.com> writes:

> If I open a python code using "C-c '", emacs window splits into two. One
> with with python mode and another with org mode. How can I prevent
> splitting and make python window full screen?

Good question, lets check the docs:

F1 i, d, m "org" TAB RET.

Working with source code, Editing source code ...
Yep, what about this:

,----[ (info "(org)Editing source code") ]
| `org-src-window-setup'
|      Controls the way Emacs windows are rearranged when the edit buffer
|      is created.
`----

Okay, lets have a look, shall we?

,----[ F1-v "org-src-window-setup" ]
| Documentation:
| How the source code edit buffer should be displayed.
| Possible values for this option are:
|
| current-window    Show edit buffer in the current window, keeping all other
|                   windows.
| other-window      Use `switch-to-buffer-other-window' to display edit buffer.
| reorganize-frame  Show only two windows on the current frame, the current
|                   window and the edit buffer. When exiting the edit buffer,
|                   return to one window.
| other-frame       Use `switch-to-buffer-other-frame' to display edit buffer.
|                   Also, when exiting the edit buffer, kill that frame.
`----

Default seems to be 'reorganize-frame, which is obviously not what you
want.

current-window would be a good choice if you usually start with one
window in the beginning. Or try other-frame.

Is this helpful? Or is this not what you want?
If you missed it in the docs, where would you have expect it?
How and where did you look for this info?

hth
Memnon