Greetings. Modified the patch as requested: the ordering in the documentation is now "Column formulas" before the new "Lookup functions". Also made org-table.el (require 'cl) in general, not only compile time, because there was a warning of it being required at runtime, but there is still a warning at compile time. Seemed like a reasonable thing to do, although given the discussion on possible namespace clashes on the net makes me doubt the approach. It seems GNU does not like CL. I can implement a new function corresponding to CL's "position" if you find it necessary. Have fun. -- Jarmo