Sven Bretfeld writes: > Dear all > > Is it anyhow possible to use a .tex file as an org-agenda-file? > > This might seem a silly question. The reason is that I stick to auctex > for writing my documents. But it would be nice to be able to insert a > todo item directly at an appropriate place within a tex-file and have it > integrated in org-agenda-view. One approach could be to use babel. That is, have an org file in which all your latex sits as code segments. You can then edit each individual code segment (C-c ') using auctex but keep org as an outliner and task manager. You do lose some capabilities of auctex, specifically to do with cross-referencing support, I would imagine. But you gain all the power of org and continue to be able to use auctex's keybindings when desired. I've attached a simple example. Tangling the file (C-c C-v t) will create l.tex which you can then process as desired. > Maybe this can be done by a workaround using ipa.el (in-place > annotations) and setting an orgmode file as ipa-file? Any experiences? Thanks for reminding me of this. I had meant to try it out and forgot! (forgot to create an org todo item... have done so now ;-) HTH, eric -- : Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D : in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org release_7.9.3d-837-ge37613