* Babel Tangle issues
@ 2013-11-01 17:54 Sam Flint
From: Sam Flint @ 2013-11-01 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode

I use org-babel to LP, and when I go to tangle, I get very little
output, a shebang line and that is about it, I have noweb set to tangle,
yet my references do not resolve.  Any ideas why?

--
Sam Flint
swflint@flintfam.org

* Re: Babel Tangle issues
@ 2013-11-01 18:21 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2013-11-01 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam Flint; +Cc: Org-Mode

Sam Flint <swflint@flintfam.org> writes:

> I use org-babel to LP, and when I go to tangle, I get very little
> output, a shebang line and that is about it, I have noweb set to tangle,
> yet my references do not resolve.  Any ideas why?

Without a minimal example illustrating the problem it is impossible to
say.  The following tiny example works as expected.

This,

[-- Attachment #2: noweb-tangle-example.org --]
[-- Type: text/x-org, Size: 269 bytes --]

#+Title: example of tangling with noweb

* Two noweb blocks
#+name: begin
#+begin_src sh
  echo begin
#+end_src

#+name: end
#+begin_src sh
  echo end
#+end_src

* Containing tangled block
#+begin_src sh :tangle yes :noweb tangle
  <<begin>>
  date
  <<end>>
#+end_src

tangles to this,

[-- Attachment #4: noweb-tangle-example.sh --]
[-- Type: text/x-sh, Size: 25 bytes --]

echo begin
date
echo end

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

* Re: Babel Tangle issues
@ 2013-11-03  5:35 ` Pete Ley
From: Pete Ley @ 2013-11-03  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode

Sam Flint <swflint@flintfam.org> writes:

> I use org-babel to LP, and when I go to tangle, I get very little
> output, a shebang line and that is about it, I have noweb set to tangle,
> yet my references do not resolve.  Any ideas why?

Without seeing your specific setup, I can't say for sure, but I seem to
remember having a similar problem when I didn't set up my NAME lines
correctly with the code blocks I was trying to tangle. Can you post an
example of the code that isn't working?