From: Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: To interrupt org-latex-pdf-process to regexp-replace some string of the .tex intermediate file and continue to export
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 13:06:31 -0400	[thread overview]

Leu Zhe <lzhes43@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear John,
>
> Thanks very much for your help.
>
> I have tried your code but nothing happened. However, I think it is close to my remand.
>
> I have some questions about your code:
>
> 1. When should this command be called?  Don't I need to call it before the org-latex-pdf-process?

As it says in the comment:

"Run this from an org-buffer after you have exported it to a LaTeX file"

The function assumes that you have already produced a .tex file from
your .org file (e.g. with C-c C-e l l). Then, in your org file buffer
you call it:

    M-x ox-manuscript-remove-image-extensions RET

> I am studying elisp now, but your code is really difficult for me, so can you help me dig in?

What the function does is get the filename for the current buffer
(i.e. the name of your org file), derive the name of the produced
tex file, get the contents of the tex file assigned (as a string)
to tex-contents, do a search-and-replace operation on tex-contents
and write the result back into the tex file. The search-and-replace
operation searches for strings that look like this:

          \includegraphics[...]{foo.png}

and replaces each occurrence with

          \includegraphics[...]{foo}

Nick