* [beamer] Bug with some characters in titles
@ 2014-06-20 19:52 Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-06-20 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

This 2-slides presentation won't compile in LaTeX.

* RefTeX (~C-c =~)

Display a TOC.

* RefTeX again

- ~C-c &~ ::
     Visualize the current cross reference.

will produce a "Misplaced alignment tab character &" ERROR.

This is not especially because of Org, although the verb macro may have
to be protected?  I'm not fluent enough in LaTeX in order to answer that
question. Maybe others here?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: [beamer] Bug with some characters in titles
@ 2014-06-20 20:23 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-06-20 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sebastien Vauban <sva-news@mygooglest.com>
writes:

> This 2-slides presentation won't compile in LaTeX.
>
> * RefTeX (~C-c =~)
>
> Display a TOC.
>
> * RefTeX again
>
> - ~C-c &~ ::
>      Visualize the current cross reference.
>
> will produce a "Misplaced alignment tab character &" ERROR.
>
> This is not especially because of Org, although the verb macro may have
> to be protected?  I'm not fluent enough in LaTeX in order to answer that
> question. Maybe others here?

\verb is always problematic - see e.g.

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/14256/focus=14257

although ~C-c =~ works both in the headline *and* as a list item:
I expected it to break in the latter case, but it didn't.

Using =C-c &= produces a \texttt{} form which works. And I thought
this trick would not work for C-c =  but it does:

=C-c == produces {\texttt{C-c =}} both in the headline and in the list
item.

Nick