Hi List, I thoroughly enjoyed using Org-mode to write my dissertation. I was happy to be able to export (mostly) equivalent versions of the document to HTML and PDF. I'd recommend using Org-mode for such a complex writing task to those who are either willing to hack the exporter, or are willing to accept an Org-mode document with inline LaTeX which only /really/ works with the LaTeX backend. As I fall in the former category, here are the small extensions to the Org-mode exporter which I found necessary. Thanks to the new exporting backend they were uniformly easy to implement. They are included in the attached elisp file. Each pagefeed (^L) in the file marks a new section of functionality, the sections are as follows... 1. Ignore Headlines and keep content (discussed here recently) 2. Multi-column Table Cells 3. Wide tables extend into the margins. 4. Wide tables squeezed within the margins 5. "sc" links for the \sc{} latex command 6. "gls" links for the \gls{} family of Glossary commands 7. color links 8. TIKZ figure links 9. Tie certain latex commands to the preceding word. 10. Fix emphasis in text export A simplified version of my Makefile is also attached. I hope someone finds this useful. Best, Eric