Something that has subconsciously bothered me for years: `org-transpose-words' does its transposition using a blank syntax table, rather than inheriting from text-mode-syntax-table, meaning we don't get any of the default text-mode transposition behavior. The most immediate problem is that apostrophes get "left behind" during transposition. Ie: I can't| transpose this --> I can transpose|'t this and not I can't| transpose this --> I transpose can't| this The fix would be as simple as the attached patch. I don't know if this would break anything elsewhere, but I can't imagine it would... Eric