Rainer M Krug writes: >> Thankfully, I haven't touched the orgguide.texi. But I get the same >> warning. > > Lucky you... Enough havoc from me for one day, don't you think? (¡Sorry everybody!) >> BTW: make doc produces lots of warnings on my system... > > Are these the warnings you see? > > I only get them when using the homebrew version of texinfo - if I use > the Mac version, I only get these encoding warnings. Below you'll find output of M-x compile make doc RET on Linux with texinfo 5.2. I'm pretty ignorant about texi so it might be nothing... > So: which one is better - I can choose? No clue. -- Hooray!