* [Capture] Monthly/weekly date tree
@ 2018-02-05 10:18 Dominik Schrempf
From: Dominik Schrempf @ 2018-02-05 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

I am interested in a capture template that creates date trees collected into
months (or weeks as another possibility). The reason is that creating a headline
for each day (=file+old+datetree=) is too precise for my use cases and hides
information in unnecessarily deep headlines.

An example:

: * 2017
: ** 2017-11 November
: *** An interesting captured headline
:     With some very interesting details.
: * 2018
: ** 2018-02 February
: *** Another headline which has been captured
:     And so on.
: *** Another one
: --> The newly captured headline should be appended here

Is this feature already available or how could I imitate this feature? If not,
would you be positive towards a possible pull request from my side (would take
me a while because I am not a lisp expert)?

Thanks,
Dominik

* Re: [Capture] Monthly/weekly date tree
@ 2018-04-26 23:34 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2018-04-26 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dominik Schrempf; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Dominik,

Dominik Schrempf <dominik.schrempf@gmail.com> writes:

> Is this feature already available or how could I imitate this
> feature?

     ‘(file+olp+datetree "path/to/file" [ "Level 1 heading" ....])’
          This target(1) will create a heading in a date tree(2) for
          today’s date.  If the optional outline path is given, the tree
          will be built under the node it is pointing to, instead of at
          top level.  Check out the ‘:time-prompt’ and ‘:tree-type’
          properties below for additional options.

Is :tree-type of any help here?

--
 Bastien