William Denton writes: Thanks for replying Bill. I did try shortening the column widths in the manner that you suggested but it took so long for the table to be displayed, that I gave up, hence me wanting to try some other possible solution. Thanks Sharon. > On 1 May 2019, Sharon Kimble wrote: > >> How can I resize an org-mode table that was created on a desktop machine but is now needed on a >> laptop with a much smaller screen? The desktop uses a 25-inch monitor, whereas the laptop screen >> is only 16-inch, so I need to find some way of 'shrinking' the table to fit the smaller screen. > > With a bit of experimenting you might find some column widths, like <40>, that work to make it fit, > as explained here: > > https://orgmode.org/org.html#Column-Width-and-Alignment > > Bill > -- > William Denton :: Toronto, Canada --- Listening to Art: https://listeningtoart.org/ > https://www.miskatonic.org/ --- GHG.EARTH: https://ghg.earth/ > Caveat lector. --- STAPLR: http://staplr.org/ > -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk Debian 9.9, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 26.2, org 9.2.3