One other quick comment Nicolas Goaziou writes: > LaTeX fragments should not break paragraphs, or tables. So you > need to > prevent inserting blank lines, or even newlines characters in > the case > of tables. I don't think we need to worry about newlines, particularly as this only applies to elements which are not defined by a \begin{env} \end{env} block, ruling tables out :P Another query from me, with something like a blank line, why is a user-error raised? Surely just strip blank lines from the buffer? I can't think of any situation where this would be undesirable.